Please Help Me Find a Good MP3 Player!!!!
Feb 3, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #16 of 28
Is there a difference in appearance between fuze v2 and fuze v1? I just checked out the Rockbox website and it seems that they only have it for fuze v1 and clip v1.

Is there a big difference in sq between a Rockboxed clip and clip+?

Also, will they release Rockbox for the v2 version of Fuze and Clip+ anytime soon?

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Sharp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a big difference in sq between a Rockboxed clip and clip+?

Supposedly.

Quote:

Also, will they release Rockbox for the v2 version of Fuze and Clip+ anytime soon?

No, not anytime soon.

Maybe eventually though.

Feb 4, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #19 of 28
thank you those that have been giving me great advices. I just realized that the sansa clip and fuze are not the players for me. As I do research, I just found out that the sansa clip and fuze is great at flat sq. If someone who never listen to music on a mp3 player with EQ then maybe the clip and fuze are for you. Since my Cowon D2 was my previous player and I really like its BBE and EQ, I would not be getting the clip and fuze since their EQ basically sux. So I'll be looking else where for a new player. Probably Sony and Cowon as for sq.

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #20 of 28
I just noticed the 8gb Fuze referb at newegg for 47 and free shipping. I just read that those aren't for you, though. I like listening to music with flac files and don't really see a need for an EQ on those. That's just me. Maybe the Cowon I9 is better for you? I noticed a new 8gb cowon I9 going for $99.99

Feb 5, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #22 of 28
i think I'll stick with Cowon and Sony from now on for sq. As for sansa, to get good sq you need to invest money into good headphones to get the most out of the player. The same for Cowon players too but Sony as far as I know you don't need to invest in headphone since their stock headphones are good right out of the box.

Feb 6, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #23 of 28
Alright well if you're picking from either Sony or Cowon.... you can get any of the recent Walkman players; they have great SQ along with mostly anything in the Cowon line. The... S9 is great and supports a wide variety of features and is cheaper than the Sony X1000.

But about the heaphone sound comment made.... both players are going to sound great but with ANY player or any source you are going to need good headphones to get good sound out of the player.

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #24 of 28
I'm planning on getting a small player from either Sony or Cowon which doesn't have videos, pictures, wifi, bluetooth and such. ATM, I just need something simple with good sq while waiting for the Sony A847 to release in the states.

Any recommendation on small players from Sony or Cowon? The only small player which doesn't have videos, pictures and such is the screenless E2. On the Sony side I have no idea which one since they have so many freaking players.

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #25 of 28
Sony s639?

Why so fussed about having no screen? 0_o

Feb 6, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #26 of 28
I don't like mp3 without a screen. I don't know why it's just weird having an mp3 player without looking at the screen though. The Sony s639 you recommend is not the type of player I'm looking for. I'm looking for something like the sansa clip+ which only play music. I'm waiting for the release of the Sony A847 which I think is going to be the best player of Sony.

Sony I think do release some stick player. Anyone knows where I can get one?

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #27 of 28
I thought you meant you wanted a player with no screen. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back