please help me choose for htc one x
Nov 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kartoonz

New Head-Fier
hello friends, i got htc one x recently and the headphones that came along are crap. i mostly listen to house/techno/dubstep/trance music. i had soundmagic E30 but they broke on me in 3 months. my budget would be around $80-100. i reside in India so please recommend one's that i can find here... thanks.

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 9
Nov 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 9
thank you so much... my apologies.... i forgot to mention if the headphones came with microphones as well... i believe the one you mentioned dont have mic. any other options...

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 9
As far as I know all Tegra 3 devices sound crap because they tend to follow the reference design with Realtek audio. A good pair of headphones or IEM's will help but the HTC One X isnt audiophile grade imo. There is a version with Qualcomms S4 though, that should perform much better.

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 9
IMO theres only one headset you should be looking at right now and its the MH1C, forget the R1.

I have the 4 core one x right now and its not completley terrible but still not great, as a phone it is incredible though, I ditched the iphone5 after a week for it and havent looked back (android is finally at a stage I think its superior to IOS, hardware they are getting streaks ahead) although may pick up the nexus next week.

Nov 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #7 of 9
I have both the r1 with mic and mh1c.
I'm actually trying to get rid of the r1 right now.

but back on topic.
I second the idea to get the mh1c.
either one is great for the genre you listen to.
the main difference is that the mh1c have better mids and sound more realistic.
What the r1's lack in mids they make up for in an incredible soundstage.

So. depending on your priorities and of course which one will ship to India, pick one of the two.
Personally, I'd try to get the mh1c. If that doesn't work, then go with the r1

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #8 of 9
thank you so much friends for your help. i'm getting both. R1 from mp4nation and the mh1c from ebay. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back