**:PLEASE HELP, GREATLY APPRECIATED!::** CLOSED HEADPHONES, BASS LOVER!! 56K = NO!
Oct 28, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #16 of 59
PLEASE HEAD-FI.ORG AUDIOPHILES! 105+ views and 14 replies?!?

I am very impatient, and like you all i need my share of daily music. help me with my audio problem please!

without headphones, i am nothing.
frown.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #17 of 59
jahlivity, several people have offered advice to you. Stating that you are impatient is not going to inspire others to do the same! lol
All I can do is to try to dissuade you from buying the Senn DT770 as I tried those on a plane recently and my iPod could not drive them sufficiently that I could hear the music over the noise of the plane and passengers.
My M-Audio Q40's were better insulated AND louder with the same source.
Seriously, if you want good build quality and sound, you need to spend slightly more than your stated budget. The 10 or 15 dollars we're suggesting will make quite a lot of difference, and you should find that these cans will last longer than the ones you've owned in the past.

Of course that is just my opinion, but then that's what you asked for
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #18 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jahlivity, several people have offered advice to you. Stating that you are impatient is not going to inspire others to do the same! lol
All I can do is to try to dissuade you from buying the Senn DT770 as I tried those on a plane recently and my iPod could not drive them sufficiently that I could hear the music over the noise of the plane and passengers.
My M-Audio Q40's were better insulated AND louder with the same source.
Seriously, if you want good build quality and sound, you need to spend slightly more than your stated budget. The 10 or 15 dollars we're suggesting will make quite a lot of difference, and you should find that these cans will last longer than the ones you've owned in the past.

Of course that is just my opinion, but then that's what you asked for
wink.gif

first off, thanks for taking the time to offer imput. i am pretty picky when it comes to putting my own time and money into products that i intend to use and push to its potential.

however, its more like 30-40$ more than my budget. I think i paid $60 max for my sennheiser hd 205s and they were just fine.

I am basically looking for something in the same price range, a little more durable (im assuming $60.00 headphones dont break in 2-3 months with hardly any wear and no physical abuse whatsoever.) and with a little more punch and basssss!!

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #19 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by jahlivity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its more like 30-40$ more than my budget. I think i paid $60 max for my sennheiser hd 205s and they were just fine.

I am basically looking for something in the same price range, a little more durable (im assuming $60.00 headphones dont break in 2-3 months with hardly any wear and no physical abuse whatsoever.) and with a little more punch and basssss!!

You're right, cans shouldn't break that quickly, but if they do you should have a guarantee/warrantee with which to exchange them, provided you haven't abused them.

Your budget was stated as being up to $80. The Q40 I bought was $90 brand new on ebay. That's only 10 bucks more, plus shipping which would be minimal as you live in US (sorry if I'm wrong about that).

The HD205's you mention couldn't have been 'just fine', as you stated they broke within a couple of months. Still I don't know why you didn't just take them back to the retailer for replacement.

Anyway, I'm opting out of this discussion as I don't have any more useful input.
Best of luck with finding an amazing headphone which sounds great and lasts a lifetime, for $60. I think you'll need it!
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #20 of 59
Quote:

You're right, cans shouldn't break that quickly, but if they do you should have a guarantee/warrantee with which to exchange them, provided you haven't abused them.

Your budget was stated as being up to $80. The Q40 I bought was $90 brand new on ebay. That's only 10 bucks more, plus shipping which would be minimal as you live in US (sorry if I'm wrong about that).

The HD205's you mention couldn't have been 'just fine', as you stated they broke within a couple of months. Still I don't know why you didn't just take them back to the retailer for replacement.

Anyway, I'm opting out of this discussion as I don't have any more useful input.
Best of luck with finding an amazing headphone which sounds great and lasts a lifetime, for $60. I think you'll need it!
wink.gif

The Q40 is $95+ on ebay.. I would really like to spend less than than, around $60 max. not necessarily on headphones that 'last forever' but headphones that don't break like my hd205's did in 2-3 months...
I can't take it back to the retailer because they were purchased online @ amazon.com

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #21 of 59
I'll say...AKG K414P: ~$60, light, portable, very bassy.

1Time will say...JBL Reference 410. Basically AKG K414P clones. Maybe AKG K24P clones, actually. (The 24Ps came before the 26Ps, which were renamed and supposedly upgraded a little to the 414Ps).

P.S.: Mine are a year old and have suffered much abuse, but are fine. Sturdy little buggers. A seam of the bag has come loose, though.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #22 of 59
what you want doesn't exist. UNLESS you get super lucky. Being impatient is going to hurt as well. Take the advice from the people on this thread plus I'd throw the ath-es7s in the mix. Problem is for $80 or less your going to have to go used. Check the FS forum and best wishes.

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #23 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by bce22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what you want doesn't exist. UNLESS you get super lucky. Being impatient is going to hurt as well. Take the advice from the people on this thread plus I'd throw the ath-es7s in the mix. Problem is for $80 or less your going to have to go used. Check the FS forum and best wishes.

I was happy with the sennheiser hd205s for around 60. i just want something more durable that will last longer than 2-3 months with MORE BASS. it doesnt exist? i will check out the ath-es7's though./

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #26 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by iphone3g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
forget your closed headphone preference

get the Grado SR80s

Maybe if SR-80's weren't way more expensive than the OP can afford, but even then open cans don't appear to meet his needs.

I just re-read the original post looking for evidence of a need for closed cans and cannot find a direct reference, but if he wants to take (use) them everywhere then an open can would not be suitable.
I also noticed that the OP doesn't count AKG and Denon as 'reputable brands', which leads me to think that he has some more reading/market research to do. Both of these are very well established and highly respected brands in audio.

Jahlivity, please just accept that you may have to fork out (spend) a little more than you want to. Alternatively, if you liked the HD205 then buy another pair of those, but from somewhere you can return them to if they break again. Just an idea
wink.gif

Personally I still think you would LOVE the Q40. The bass is absolutely awesome if that's what you like
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #27 of 59
Quote:

Maybe if SR-80's weren't way more expensive than the OP can afford, but even then open cans don't appear to meet his needs.

I just re-read the original post looking for evidence of a need for closed cans and cannot find a direct reference, but if he wants to take (use) them everywhere then an open can would not be suitable.
I also noticed that the OP doesn't count AKG and Denon as 'reputable brands', which leads me to think that he has some more reading/market research to do. Both of these are very well established and highly respected brands in audio.

Jahlivity, please just accept that you may have to fork out (spend) a little more than you want to. Alternatively, if you liked the HD205 then buy another pair of those, but from somewhere you can return them to if they break again. Just an idea
wink.gif

Personally I still think you would LOVE the Q40. The bass is absolutely awesome if that's what you like
smily_headphones1.gif

I never said I wouldn't consider any particular brand. read carefully, I said I am a bit skeptical when purchasing brands that I havent heard of suck as AKG and denon.

i also logged onto my ebay acct and saw a coupon for 10.00 off any item. please take this into consideration when providing me with feedback! my budget is 60-70 now!
smily_headphones1.gif

i have looked into the above models listed but would appreciate more more input! please and thanks!

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #28 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by iphone3g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
forget your closed headphone preference

get the Grado SR80s

the grados look really nice, however the padding looks rather cheap and uncomfortable. it also looks like its openness leaks sound like crazy..

i would like closed headphones because they sound better and the sound doesnt leak. I ALSO can't get open headphones because I always listen to my music rather loudly, often times in public spaces or while in the company of others.. the majority of music i listen to either isn't preferred by people in my surroundings or is filled with rather vulgar and derogatory terms that may be found offensive to many. know what i mean?
smily_headphones1.gif
L3000.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #29 of 59
For 10-20$ it makes sense to get something you will really enjoy, especially because you seem to use it a substantial amount of time.

Go for the dt770, they are extremely bassy phones from waht I've read.

Dave

Oct 29, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #30 of 59
Isolation is important to you? If that's the case you can strike the D1001 and DT770 off your list. At your price range the K81/K518 is probably the only option. If you haven't heard of AKG, you obviously have been living in a rock from the audiophile world, cause their reputation is as prestigious as the Senns and the Beyers. Don't worry about built quality, these things are top of the line when it comes to built quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back