[Please Help Deciding] My First IEM's
Jan 29, 2009 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

ChrisDeeson

Head-Fier
Hey Guys!

I had some Threads about it earlier, but I decided to make a poll and took new favourites.

My Source:
iPhone 3G

What Im looking for:
Basically Im looking for an allrounder IEM. I know there is no real allrounder out there and you cant even tell anyone an real allrounder because they all got goods and bads.
Well Im looking for Crytal Clear Mids, and Highs and defined lows.
I am not looking for a bassmonster but I prefer defined precise (maybe punchy) bass too.
Maybe as you can see I am new to the Audiophile business - thats why I cant descripe it more detailed
biggrin.gif

What I had before:
Earlier I had a Sony Ericcson w800i cellphone and with them came a In-Ear Headset called HPM-70 - I dont think you have expiriences with them.
So I never had a "good" or high quality professional IEM.

What I am listening too:
Mostly to the listed Genres, but basically I am really listening to all kind of music.

Rock (Coldplay, Keane, Maroon 5... ,not the Hard-Rock stuff,)
Pop
Hip Hop (The Neptunes productions, Pharrell, Kanye [not gangsta stuff])

But Like I said moodwise Im listening to Classical, Piano etc.. too.

So thats Why I thought about a good allrounder..

My Budget:
up to 50-130$
Im a Student
biggrin.gif

Okay thank you guys I hope I dont bother you and that you can help a newbie like me out!
I really like this board and I thought that the pros would help me probably the best - instead of all the internet reviews

beerchug.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 28
I'm thinking amped RE-1's, but that would run you closer to $150, but if the RE1's are anything like the RE0 and RE2 then it should be a bang for your buck monster. Juding from a review I read on these forums when amped they perform close to Triple fi 10 IEMs which cost $300.

I think stretching for RE0's would probably be worth wild for the sound quality you're sure to get out of them.

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 28
I also say the Phonak Audeo Pfe, one word perfection. Many people agree on this Tstarn06 really enjoys them, as does average_joe. Take a trip to about 3 to 4 Forums covering the Phonak's you might just find it to your liking. Go to anythingbutipod.com read the review of them over there. They won the won the editors choice award. Coming right under the UE11's which cost 1150. They arrived over the Shure530's and theres talk about them being better then the W3's. In my opinion they are, you'll see plenty of me over at the other Phonak threads. Go to the Phonak threads and read....

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 28
First of all thank you guys for answering fast
biggrin.gif

Wow what about my options I gave you? Arent they good for my requirements?
Just last time I get the nuforce 7-m recommended and was thinking about buying them...

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confispect /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also say the Phonak Audeo Pfe, one word perfection. Many people agree on this Tstarn06 really enjoys them, as does average_joe. Take a trip to about 3 to 4 Forums covering the Phonak's you might just find it to your liking. Go to anythingbutipod.com read the review of them over there. They won the won the editors choice award. Coming right under the UE11's which cost 1150. They arrived over the Shure530's and theres talk about them being better then the W3's. In my opinion they are, you'll see plenty of me over at the other Phonak threads. Go to the Phonak threads and read....

Another vote from me for the Phonak Audeo's. The more I listen to them, the more I just can't put them down. So clear, very accurate, and just really fun to listen too. I always find myself bobbing my head whenever I'm listening to them...

Of course, these are my first IEMs, so I don't really have anything to compare too...although I do have a pair of Bose In-Ears, which the Phonak's BLOW AWAY hands down...not hard to do though hahaha.

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisDeeson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Guys!

What Im looking for:
Basically Im looking for an allrounder IEM. I know there is no real allrounder out there and you cant even tell anyone an real allrounder because they all got goods and bads.
Well Im looking for Crytal Clear Mids, and Highs and defined lows.
I am not looking for a bassmonster but I prefer defined precise (maybe punchy) bass too.
Maybe as you can see I am new to the Audiophile business - thats why I cant descripe it more detailed
biggrin.gif

What you are looking for pretty much sums up the Phonaks. A good allrounder that won't peeve you off with any particular genre. Excellent extension on both sides of the spectrum and qualitative bass that provides a proficient kick.

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #9 of 28
Another 2 for the Phonaks, Whoopppeeee. Lol sorry got carried away..

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

First of all thank you guys for answering fast
biggrin.gif

Wow what about my options I gave you? Arent they good for my requirements?
Just last time I get the nuforce 7-m recommended and was thinking about buying them...

Plus someone said the Phonaks are better in all aspects. Providing a cleaner, more precise sound, in the lows you have tight punchy accurate bass quality. Many people complain about the quantity then they stop complaining when the realize the black filters change this. The Mids provide you with silky female, or male vocals, words come thru ultra clear. So clear that I turn around sometimes when I'm on the plane to make sure someones not talking to me. (Are you talking to me?) The highs have extremely fast attack speeds there in there out, nice and crisp. Full of detail, due to the above average, slightly large soundstage the whole music spretrum is displayed nicely with a hey there's a trumbone by my eye feel.
biggrin.gif
Hope that helps...

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #11 of 28
uh guys I become getting more and more interested in the phonaks PFE!
What about the mic/clicker version for cellphones (iphone compatible) ?
Will is decrease the sound quality or is it Just the same + a headset?

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

uh guys I become getting more and more interested in the phonaks PFE!
What about the mic/clicker version for cellphones (iphone compatible) ?
Will is decrease the sound quality or is it Just the same + a headset?

Nope, it does not hinder the quality at all...I have the one with the mic and if the ones without the mic actually sounded better, I wouldn't even complain...these are amazing already

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, it does not hinder the quality at all...I have the one with the mic and if the ones without the mic actually sounded better, I wouldn't even complain...these are amazing already

Could't say because I own the 111 ya know the one without the mic. But I don't think ethier one sounds better then the other just one has a mic, one doesn't.

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Confispect /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could't say because I own the 111 ya know the one without the mic. But I don't think ethier one sounds better then the other just one has a mic, one doesn't.

Yup, I have the 121. But I agree, there shouldn't be any difference in sound quality between the two.

Jan 30, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, I have the 121. But I agree, there shouldn't be any difference in sound quality between the two.

*Grins* Lets hope not for Phonaks sake that is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back