please dont hate me lol :)
Jul 20, 2014 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

basshead4eva

New Head-Fier
I know that the stylish headphones do not have a very good reputation her on head fi but ill say it anyway . I am looking for a stylish looking headphone that can pump out some serious bass when they nees to but need to sound rich and detailed also. Not looking for a flat headphone by anymeans. I am debating between beats solo 2 and the new beats studios but i am open minded. Budget is 250 and less . Thanks

Jul 20, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 6
If it's for portable use I think Shure headphones are stylish and ergonomic, light, reduces microphonics because of going over the ear instead of dropping, and passive isolation(matter a lot in terms of sound quality since outside noise conflicts with the music) is the best for in ear phones.  I think portability wise, I personally think in ears with the shure styles looks better than over ears.  These are more linear response phones, for bass, I'm not sure which ones would have this styling and provide ample bass at that price point.  

Westones have similar styling:

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 6
I know that the stylish headphones do not have a very good reputation her on head fi but ill say it anyway . I am looking for a stylish looking headphone that can pump out some serious bass when they nees to but need to sound rich and detailed also. Not looking for a flat headphone by anymeans. I am debating between beats solo 2 and the new beats studios but i am open minded. Budget is 250 and less . Thanks

If you're looking for fashion, look up V-Moda. It's commonly stated that they look absolutely awesome, and they also have interchangeable 'shields,' in whatever colour you please and with a laser-etched design (if you want it). They are also famed for great sound quality, and if you want more bass, use a bass boost EQ :)

Also, when it comes to fashion, if you wear something different, people WILL ask you what they are, and they WILL be impressed. If you just follow the crowd like a sheep, people won't notice you :wink: Well, that's more life advice that headphone advice, but run with it and see where it gets you :)

Of course, if you're absolutely set on getting Beats, get a pair of these and draw a 'b' on in red marker. I doubt you'll notice the drop in SQ anyway :wink:

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 6
  V-MODA M100 will please you. :)

woo hoo resurrecting a 2 year old thread with a recommendation for someone that has not been on the forums since 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back