Please do not rubberneck the train wreck....Keep Going..
Apr 15, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #211 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear you about the tips.. only the medium silicone and large hard foam works for me. I tried the Turbine's tips they made the bass really come out but overpowering and killed the imaging.

The large foam tips work best for me. The bass for me with the large foam is perfect. There is more bass than the PFE but everything is balanced too.

I'll need to give it more burn-in for sure. The PFEs sound smoother to me.. also seem to have lower background noise because the driver reacts so fast.

The IE 7s have a more visceral bass impact without the mid bass hump of the Turbines. In fact this sounds more like a really good sub in the head type of bass than the Turbines.

The sound stage on the IE 7 is larger than the PFE amped with gray filters.

At this point there is a lot to like about both the PFE and IE 7. The bass and imaging of the IE 7 is better for sure. The mids and highs are good too. Everything sounds bigger with the IE 7.

Good to hear you like the IE7...IMO they keep getting better and better! I am interested to hear about the detail comparison in a week.

Apr 15, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #212 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to hear you like the IE7...IMO they keep getting better and better! I am interested to hear about the detail comparison in a week.

Stay tuned!

Apr 16, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #213 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by oarnura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stay tuned!

Will do, looking forward to it! And I now have the ADDems (was that what you were calling them?) coming, so I will have a BA (dual even) in my arsenal!

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #214 of 214
I change my vote to electrobaladynamic armature drivers.

I can't lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back