[Please bury this thread...]
Sep 6, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #47 of 51
This thread is so innocent and comical. We are all on a journey of discovery trying to find our end-game system but the truth is, that could amount to an $80 headphone and $100 tube amp...many people might hear a $2,600 Naim UnitiLight (for example) and think "hmm sounds a bit too analytical for my taste...that Marantz Melody system I have at home sounds so much more fun...!!"

Sep 6, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #48 of 51
  This thread is so innocent and comical. We are all on a journey of discovery trying to find our end-game system but the truth is, that could amount to an $80 headphone and $100 tube amp...many people might hear a $2,600 Naim UnitiLight (for example) and think "hmm sounds a bit too analytical for my taste...that Marantz Melody system I have at home sounds so much more fun...!!"

I'm listening to $15 headphones right now that sound a heck of a lot better than some much more expensive ones.
cool.gif

But gah...I'm trying to bury this thread.
ph34r.gif

Sep 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #49 of 51

I'm listening to $15 headphones right now that sound a heck of a lot better than some much more expensive ones.
cool.gif

Yep, that happens to a lot of folks who "discover" various cheap Koss models (e.g. PortaPros) while having certain Grados/Ultrasones on hand. I might as well add the Shure SE535 to that inglorious list (2005 Grado RS-1, Ultrasone Edition 9), since I thought those sucked for the price when I had them. Not that the PortaPro were better than these headphones...but I thought they were fairly close to competitive.

But that nonsense stops once you go Stax.

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #51 of 51
Gotta have Stax for Stax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back