PlayStation-Fi
Mar 28, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #92 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
60GB, since it has fully backwards compatibility. (though I've heard problems with certain ps2 games) If you can't find one, just get a 40GB and a PS2.

x2

you can probably get a ps2 for 50$ and less hardware in my ps3 means less possibility of failure and less $$ spent on electricity bills.

Plus if you have a ps3 with bad ass games like the ones coming out why would you event want to play ps2 titles

Mar 28, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #93 of 259
What about the 80GB version? Figure I might as well get the biggest hd they offer.

thanks for the responses guys.

edit: Looks like I can just upgrade the hdd myself for much cheaper. The 60GB looks like what I want. Thanks again.

Mar 29, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #94 of 259
Quote:

Plus if you have a ps3 with bad ass games like the ones coming out why would you event want to play ps2 titles

The PS2 does have a few good titles coming out, i.e. Yakuza 2, Persona 3 FES, and Persona 4.

Quote:

edit: Looks like I can just upgrade the hdd myself for much cheaper. The 60GB looks like what I want. Thanks again.

Good choice, there are a LOT of great PS2 titles. And make sure you get a US model, the UK one doesn't have full compatibility IIRC. (Also, PS2 games are region-locked)

Mar 29, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #96 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkclouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the 80GB version? Figure I might as well get the biggest hd they offer.

thanks for the responses guys.

Well what kind of stuff are you into? Most people who are movie buffs especially guys over at AVS Forum likes 40GB due to it having low power consumption, quiet compare to others, runs cooler than others, and it's cheap for having a Blu-Ray player. As for 80GB that's mostly gear towards mainstream and hardcore gamers. You also get memory flash reader and 4 USB ports compare to 2 and play SACD. For me the best one is 60GB. It has everything PS3 has to offer from Blu-Ray to SACD to all PlayStation games. My 60GB has 320GB internally and 1TB externally mainly for my archives thousands of music and hundreds of movies in HD or SD. The only reason to get 60GB is the 100% PlayStation 2 compatibility through hardware compare to 80GB 98% compatibility through software emulation. That 2% you will never see in your life, maybe if you live in Japan or something where you buy very exotic games. In addition all PlayStation 3 SKUs have 100% PlayStation 1 compatibility.

Mar 29, 2008 at 10:24 AM Post #97 of 259
For me the backward compatibility wasn't an issue at all. With so many new titles coming out every month and with games like call of duty and Grand Turismo(comming), who has time to go back and play old PS2 games? I think people take backward compatibility too seriously when they don't play PS2 games 95% of the time. But, of course, that's just my opinion.

If it's the size your going for then please do. For me, having heard of my friend's 60G roaring, 40G's efficiency and quietness won me over.
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #98 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me the backward compatibility wasn't an issue at all. With so many new titles coming out every month and with games like call of duty and Grand Turismo(comming), who has time to go back and play old PS2 games? I think people take backward compatibility too seriously when they don't play PS2 games 95% of the time. But, of course, that's just my opinion.

Many people have never had a PS2 before (I know, it's hard to believe) and want to try the games out. Also, I believe the PS3 upscales PS2 titles, so it's better than the standalone if you have an HDTV.

Mar 29, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #99 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PS2 does have a few good titles coming out, i.e. Yakuza 2, Persona 3 FES, and Persona 4.
snip...

pong...

(((((i'm sorry, i'm sick and need help)))))

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #101 of 259
I just got Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for my PS3 and is really good!!! This is a must buy for anyone that has PS3. I may be upgrading my hard drive to 300GB so I can store all my music on it.

Apr 6, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #102 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for my PS3 and is really good!!! This is a must buy for anyone that has PS3. I may be upgrading my hard drive to 300GB so I can store all my music on it.

Does Prologue work with the g25?

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #103 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't care so much about the lossless bit of it, its mainly that I don't want to have to convert nearly 2 TB worth of FLAC files to something else just so I can listen to my music on the main floor. Of course, I want lossless if I can have it.

I use Tversity to stream FLAC to my PS3. The side benefit is that it will also stream movies and photos.

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #104 of 259
I use linux so Tversity is not an option most days. I tried it under XP and it was horribly unstable. Fuppes does video and photos as well.

Apr 6, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #105 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use linux so Tversity is not an option most days. I tried it under XP and it was horribly unstable. Fuppes does video and photos as well.

I have been using it with XP for quite some time with my older network DVD player (IO DATA Linkplayer) and now with my PS3 and have never found it to be unstable. You probably did not have it setup properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back