Player to Player Transfer without Computer?
Jul 30, 2005 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nick B

Head-Fier
Greetings Learned Forum:

I have two players: a 10 gig hard drive and a 1 gig flash. I am headed out for a week long trip, and will not be having access to a PC. It would be very convenient if I could delete folders from the flash player and add new ones from the hard drive player without the need for a PC. Is this possible?

Please note that I am not interested in using the line out/line in recording functions of the players. This takes forever (realtime) and results in poor quality mp3s (128 max). I desire true file transfer. What are your thoughts?

As always, your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Nick B

Jul 30, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 4
I don't think this is possible. First of all, both players require USB Host capabilities, aka X5. Most flash players that I'm aware of don't have this capability. If your flash player has a SD card slot, it is possible to get a card reader to transfer files with a X5 (I think). Not sure if you can ransfer mp3s this way though.

Jul 30, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Two things: First, one of your players has to be a USB Host and I doubt that either of yours are. The only ones that I know of are the X5, the H320/340 (international version) and one of the Sony players. Second, even if one of your players is an USB Host your other player has to be compatible with that first player. There is a list on the iaudio forum that tells which players/camera, are compatible with the X5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back