Play Modern Warfare 2 with a Pair of Grado RS1's
Jan 25, 2010 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

wierddemon

New Head-Fier
Do it now. Seriously... it's an amazing experience, you won't regret it!

I backed myself in a corner and was afraid to go anywhere because I could hear footsteps and explosions all around me!
L3000.gif

Has anyone else tried this?

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 59
Lol...try it with some AD700's. Grado's are shocking for games. Sure you can hear a lot of things going on, but it seems as though they are right next to you. Online gaming isn't about fun as far as I'm concerned, it's about winning
biggrin.gif
And only silly people play singe player COD
tongue.gif
. Online is 99999x better. I use an X-Fi elite pro and AD700. It gives me pin point accuracy of where my enemies are. I can tell exactly where they are, how far away, if they have crouched, proned yet etc. I hear every movement
smile.gif
. You gotta train your ears as well
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #4 of 59
I can hear how fast they are moving and when they crouch, they will usually make a sound of their equipment moving. When they prone I can hear them laying on the grass, dirt etc.

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #6 of 59
haha i hated it TBH. My ALO-780 gave me an eargasm though
tongue.gif
. My ATH-AD700 I use for when I play urban terror, quake 3 and COD4 online (have quit online gaming ATM though). I just use my ALO-780 for SP games like Far Cry 2, damn that game is awesome, almost as fun as Oblivion when I used to play that.

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #7 of 59
I have tried gaming on my A900, but not the SR225. I must do it.

I have played WC3 a lot, and I've said this before, but hi-fi headphones totally rock. You can position armies in the FOW. You can also accurately guess the composition of the armies, although you need to train your ears. Unit sounds, responses and even foot falls are all very accurate.

Playing Clear Sky and SoC with such cans will scare you ****less once you hear a bloodsucker growl close by
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #8 of 59
I would really love to try using my audio rig in my gaming rig, but the lack of mic is... argh =(

Thinking of DIY-ing a mic Cable.. would be a big challange for me though haha, and yeah, if its mic 3 channel plug, can only plug it directly to your com.

Btw, if you use USB DAC out of your desktop gaming rig, to your headphone, and plug in an external mic to the pink jack(voice), will the mic work ?

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #10 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would really love to try using my audio rig in my gaming rig, but the lack of mic is... argh =(

Thinking of DIY-ing a mic Cable.. would be a big challange for me though haha, and yeah, if its mic 3 channel plug, can only plug it directly to your com.

Btw, if you use USB DAC out of your desktop gaming rig, to your headphone, and plug in an external mic to the pink jack(voice), will the mic work ?

I game a lot, and have no use for a mic. (always have voices muted) But I'm never with teams so I guess that's why..

And it depends if your USB DAC is being used as a sound card, my xMod is an external sound card so I would have to plug up a mic to it, but if the sound is coming from your sound card to your DAC, then you would just plug the mic up in the normal spot on the computer.

I do enjoy my A700's with CMSS-3D on the X-Fi, but I've found that being able to listen to enemies accurately isn't going to help you if you don't know how to shoot them.
tongue.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #11 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is your mic Junliang: Amazon.com: Zalman Microphone Zm-Mic1 High Sensitivity Headphone Microphone Retail: Electronics

Gahh, thanks mate!
biggrin.gif

But yeah, if I use that, I cant use it with an amp..

Quote:

Originally Posted by FragViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I game a lot, and have no use for a mic. (always have voices muted) But I'm never with teams so I guess that's why..

And it depends if your USB DAC is being used as a sound card, my xMod is an external sound card so I would have to plug up a mic to it, but if the sound is coming from your sound card to your DAC, then you would just plug the mic up in the normal spot on the computer.

I do enjoy my A700's with CMSS-3D on the X-Fi, but I've found that being able to listen to enemies accurately isn't going to help you if you don't know how to shoot them.
tongue.gif

Haha, I only play multiplayer games, regular pubber
smily_headphones1.gif

Lets say my Dac is either a RSA Predator or Cambridge Audio DacMagic.
How should I set up my desktop gaming rig ?
Desktop, Cambridge Audio DacMagic OR Rsa Predator, AudioTrak imAmp, akg k702/srh 840/hd 650

Thanks for help.

Btw, if I have an iem with iphone cable, like the metro fi 220vi, can I just plug it into the green audio jack of my desktop and use the mic ?

Jan 26, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can hear how fast they are moving and when they crouch, they will usually make a sound of their equipment moving. When they prone I can hear them laying on the grass, dirt etc.

Erm... there is no sound when people move prone or crouched, period. Ask the devs. The whole point of it is that it is completely silent.

And besides that, try gaming with some headphones with excellent soundstage like ATs, Beyers or AKGs, you'll be blown away.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #14 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm... there is no sound when people move prone or crouched, period. Ask the devs. The whole point of it is that it is completely silent.

He's talking about the act of crouching or getting into the prone position. You can hear them kneel/lay down.

You are right about the fact that you can't hear them while they are in the position though...

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #15 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by wierddemon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do it now. Seriously... it's an amazing experience, you won't regret it!

I backed myself in a corner and was afraid to go anywhere because I could hear footsteps and explosions all around me!
L3000.gif

Has anyone else tried this?

Once my RS1i's arrive I'll have to try this as it sounds hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back