Plasti-dip (Plastidip)... Have you? Will you? Help and discussion for Dippin' Mods
Dec 11, 2015 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mrscotchguy

1000+ Head-Fier
Greetings folks, I have wanted for ever and a day to Plasti-Dip my HE-4s in order to get rid of the dreaded Hifiman fingerprint-magnet high gloss in substitute for matte black.  Recently I acquired a beat up HE-5LE and started the project.  I don't currently have any pictures, but I will do a before and after.

My questions are:

1) Have you "Dipped" anything? (It doesn't have to be audio related) How did it turn out?!
2) Any tips on getting that perfect coat?
3) Try any unusual color combos?
4) Do you have any cool project ideas for dippin' headphones?

Feel free to shout out any ideas.  I will add some links to help anyone wanting to start a Plasti-Dip project.

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 8
I am thinking about dipping cable of my Bose IE2. I hope it will stop the cracking which started to appear on the rubber insulation after my warranty run out. It should work. Should.

Let's see how it turns out when I get my hands on some plastidip.

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 8
i dipped my road bike-didn`t really work out... too much of a hassle to take care of...i had the same prob with my headphones-wanted to get rid of the glossy for a matte black and spray painted them in the end..Plasti-Dip doesn`t excuse the smallest bump...
cheers

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #6 of 8
I am thinking about dipping cable of my Bose IE2. I hope it will stop the cracking which started to appear on the rubber insulation after my warranty run out. It should work. Should.

Let's see how it turns out when I get my hands on some plastidip.

Not sure if it would help, or even take well. Such a small thing like a cable would be incredibly difficult to work with.

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #8 of 8
The thing is, that you can get plastidip in tin and apply it with paintbrush.

For example this is from "dipping" that thing in tin of plastidip, the original purpose of liquified rubber:
holepunch.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back