Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 versus Bluebuds X?
Apr 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rurouni

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, been a while since I've posted here, and when I've done so, its mainly with wired cans and in-ears.

Due to convenience, have recently purchased a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 bluetooth in-ears. They sound pretty good for general listening and seems to excel for songs with a single vocalist and minimalist style instrumentals.

However, when I pair them with more complex pieces (E.g. The track 'East Street Shuffle' on Springsteen's Hammersmith Odeon live 75 album' - By the way, I highly recommend this album with a good pair of cans, the band and Springsteen are just feeling it!), the instruments and backing vocals just get overpowered by Springsteen and the lead trumpets, which I'm just not used to. Overall these in-ears codec seems to put an emphasis on the treble frequencies over mid-range detail, especially when the volume goes up.

That said, for general listening they are still good in-ears. Have anyone compared them to the Bluebud Xs? Wondering if their codec sounds different or am I expecting too much out of non Apt-X or wireless earphones? Thanks!

Jan 1, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 2
I have spent a lot of time with both, the blue buds x go maybe 25% louder and have more power but in terms of clarity they both sound about the same to me. Soundstage maybe a little wider on the x. You can't go wrong with either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back