PLANS - new album from Death Cab For Cutie
Sep 21, 2005 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

vibin247

500+ Head-Fier
So I got the album a week ago and I'm quite pleased with it, but not as much as the previous albums. Though there's one bump-in-the-road that bugs me: the SQ. It's noticeable in the first song, in which Ben Gibbard's voice just seems recessed and not focused. But overall, a nice album if you want that dreary, yet relaxing alt-rock sound. Anyone else who listened to it, what do you guys think?

Sep 22, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 12
I just got it, and I'm listening to it now. Not only does the singer sound recessed, but whatever happened to the cymbols? It's obvious that sound quality wasn't #1 on the agenda, but oh well, us over-analyzing audiophiles will just have to deal with it!

edit: Getting halfway through the album, you put it quite nicely. This certainly is a very laid back and dreary album. I like it though, since I always try and find albums like this for when I'm doing homework
tongue.gif

edit 2: Crooked Teeth is definately my favorite song so far. Would this be considered Indie rock? If so, I never thought I'd be listening to it, let along liking it...

Sep 22, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 12
Welp, looks like I'm giving it another time around!

This is a cool album, I'm really liking it
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2005 at 1:21 PM Post #5 of 12
Can anyone recommend albums that sound similar to this?

Sep 22, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by strid3r
Have you listened to the other DCfC albums?

Yeah, I think last night I went through all of them at least two-fold. I definately liked the first one, as well as Plans. Transatlantacism is pretty good as well...but I big the more mellow dreary sounds of Plans.

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:57 AM Post #9 of 12
I think you should give Sigur Ros a try.

They are a group from Iceland, and although they do sing in Icelandic, they actually don't sing that much
etysmile.gif
, to me they are like DCFC and Coldplay mixed together.

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:01 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricola_pak
I think you should give Sigur Ros a try.

They are a group from Iceland, and although they do sing in Icelandic, they actually don't sing that much
etysmile.gif
, to me they are like DCFC and Coldplay mixed together.

They rock a lot, and I love they way they like to make up jibberish in most songs that is nothing but obviously means something to them!

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #11 of 12
Holy crap, way to dig this thread out of the grave!

And since posting that, I've actually gotten in Sigur Ros
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back