Planning to buy Fiio E11. Questions
Mar 9, 2013 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

LeDave

100+ Head-Fier
I have the new iPad 4 and the L9 is too big for it because they changed the port on the new iPad to a smaller one. Currently can't find any Fiio products that fit it, To counter this, will a Fiio L2 cord to fit the 3.5mm jack for the iPad 4 work just as good as the L9 for the previous generation iPads? Also that's all I need right? An Fiio E11 portable amp, a Fiio L2 cord, and my JVC and Audio Technica headphone; Correct? Thanks, Dave.

Mar 9, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 6
Nvm it won't work, I found a solution by Google though. A Lightning to 30 pin adapter then a L9 to connect to that to the iPad, then voila!

EDIT: NVM, that won't work either with further Googling. Looks like I;ll just have to wait it out until Fiio releases a new 8 pin connector that actually decrypts for digital signals.

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Nvm it won't work, I found a solution by Google though. A Lightning to 30 pin adapter then a L9 to connect to that to the iPad, then voila!

EDIT: NVM, that won't work either with further Googling. Looks like I;ll just have to wait it out until Fiio releases a new 8 pin connector that actually decrypts for digital signals.

I've heard of that setup working. Never tried it myself, though. Also, you can just plug the amp into your headphone jack-it won't sound quite as good (possible slight white noise) but it should be fine until a Lightning LOD is designed.

Mar 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #5 of 6
Mar 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I wouldn't get your hopes up.  Fiio has repeatedly said that Apple will not give them permission to make one because they do not trust Chinese companies.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630974/issues-regarding-lo-cables-for-iphone5s-lightning-connector

Yeah, the main issue is that more authentication is involved with Lightening then with 30-Pin. This is mainly due to the digital feed, rather than analog. This also means that the Lightning => has a DAC in it. It is probably a really, really bad DAC. It will probably work (never heard a report one way or the other, but it is made to attach to a speaker dock, so it should) But you may get crappy SQ, as the iPhone has a much better DAC than the Lightning => 30-pin adapter does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back