Planning on buying Audio technica ath-ad900x open headphones need advice
Oct 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sunnyice

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Im new to the audiophile world. Ive been thinking about getting a quality headphone for some time now. After doing some research on this site and reading reviews, this is what I have decided on:

Its mainly going to be used for PC gaming (RTS and RPG, I dont do FPS), listening to music and watching movies. I also need a mic to communicate. Many of you have said here that gaming headsets are overpriced and come with subpar quality parts so Im going to stay away from those ( was originally planning to buy a dedicated gaming headset).

My budget is around $250 and this is my plan:

Audio Technica ATH-AD900X (open air)

Antlion Modmic

Asus Xonar DG Sound card

What do you guys think about this combo? And as the Sennheiser PC360 is pretty close to the price how would you compare it against the AD900X?

I will appreciate and input

Thanks. 

Oct 13, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #2 of 2
  Hey guys,

I'm new to the audiophile world. Ive been thinking about getting a quality headphone for some time now. After doing some research on this site and reading reviews, this is what I have decided on:
Its mainly going to be used for PC gaming (RTS and RPG, I don't do FPS), listening to music and watching movies. I also need a mic to communicate. Many of you have said here that gaming headsets are overpriced and come with subpar quality parts so I'm going to stay away from those ( was originally planning to buy a dedicated gaming headset).
My budget is around $250 and this is my plan:
Audio Technica ATH-AD900X (open air)
Antlion Modmic
Asus Xonar DG Sound card
What do you guys think about this combo? And as the Sennheiser PC360 is pretty close to the price how would you compare it against the AD900X?

The AD900X should be warmer and more musical over the PC360.
So I think the AD900X with Xonar DG would make a good combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back