Planning a Philadelphia Area Meet
Jan 27, 2009 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

pat1006

100+ Head-Fier
I am trying to plan a meet in the Philadelphia area for April or March. I am trying to see how much interest there is for a meet. I am in contact with my church to use their space. This space would be free to use but I am trying to pull together a way to create a donation for the church's youth group to go to New Orleans for a national youth gathering. I have never put together anything before so any suggestions or help would be great.

This location is about 45 minutes Northwest of Philly (area code 19440) however you can take Septa's R5 close to the church and I will gladly pick people up from the train station.

Please let me know if you are interested or if the date should be changed and such. I know the Philadlephia headphone community is small but this space can support a lot of people and perhaps maybe we can make a big meet out of this.

Jan 27, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 22
itd be an hour and a half drive, but if there is sufficient interest by others, id definitely be there

Jan 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 22
Interested.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #8 of 22
I'm interested - I go to college in Rochester but I live right outside Philly. As long as it's on a weekend, I can make it.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #10 of 22
I'm interested in attending and bringing some of my gear. I'll be following this meet to see how it develops.

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #11 of 22
+1 here. I'm at penn state right now, but I'm from Bucks County. Depending on the date I should be able to make it.

Jan 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #13 of 22
So you're right up the road from Willow Grove whatevertheycallitthesedays? (My old man used to work there back when it was NAS/JAB, but it's been BRAC'd)

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka24altima /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you're right up the road from Willow Grove whatevertheycallitthesedays? (My old man used to work there back when it was NAS/JAB, but it's been BRAC'd)

Its not too far from Willow Grove. Its about 30 minutes up 463.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May is national meet, probably best to avoid may.

I completely forgot about the national meet. Thanks for the heads up
smily_headphones1.gif

Shall we try for June 6th then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back