places to test amps in Las Vegas?
Nov 27, 2007 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

arteom

1000+ Head-Fier
I live in Las Vegas and have recently purchased a pair of Denon AH-D2000's, currently I am using my DJ mixers headphone out to power these. I have never heard a set of headphones coming out of a proper amp and was wondering if anyone knew of any places around Vegas here where I could test these coming out of a proper amp.

From what I'm reading it seems as though an amp would be nice, but I can't justify spending that much money without an audition.

Dec 2, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in Las Vegas and have recently purchased a pair of Denon AH-D2000's, currently I am using my DJ mixers headphone out to power these. I have never heard a set of headphones coming out of a proper amp and was wondering if anyone knew of any places around Vegas here where I could test these coming out of a proper amp.

From what I'm reading it seems as though an amp would be nice, but I can't justify spending that much money without an audition.

I don't know of any high end audio stores in Las Vegas that have headphone amplifiers. There was a Tweeter but they only sold speakers and they went out of business a couple months ago.

Your best bet would be waiting until January when CES comes to town.

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #3 of 10
CES isnt open to the general public, i am not in the trade
frown.gif

well i guess i will have to just keep reading up on these amps and hopefully make the right choice.

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 10
I'll be in town from christmas until February. I'll be bringing my CKKIII if you are interested in listening to that. (I MAY bring my Bijou)

Jan 18, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by arteom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just emailed you.

Jan 18, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by brainsalad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in St. George if any one is interested in getting together and comparing/auditioning gear.

and I have to say the drive between LV and UT on I-15 is fantastic especially past Mesquite through AZ and into UT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back