Placement of speakers in my room
Mar 8, 2010 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

asadkaramally

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,
I have a newbie question here, I don't know where to place the speakers in my room. I will be using them mostly for music and occasionally a movie.
I have: two polk audio speakers
two yamaha speakers
a center speaker
Onkyo tx sv-545 reciever
Thanks

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 12
Could you be a bit more specific?

Here's the first google hit for speaker placement: Speaker Placement

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #4 of 12
Bit blurry. Keep the camera (phone?) still for a few secs after you take the pic, in case it lags or anything
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #5 of 12
i'm still trying to fathom that out after six years with my speakers

go with trial and error

you could also try the sound science forum.

i know some speakers are more sensitive to placement than others, small/monitor speakers are prob better in a smaller room.

Mar 8, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #9 of 12
I admit i can not be more specific like CarzyRay but i will suggest one of each speaker to place on each side of your bed so that you may listen to music while you are resting on bed.

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by asadkaramally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for replying guys, but do you know how I could get maximum quality if I was setting at the desk, because it is in a corner so there is no space in front.

Use headphones or nearfield monitors

Mar 9, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #12 of 12
Grawk + 1

Multichannel sound is different from stereo. If you are listening to DVD movies (or multichannel SACD/DVDa), then you set up as demonstrated above. If you are listening to CD/Computer music/internet streaming, or dare I say radio, then I would suggest you pick 2 speakers that fit on your desk, or move your desk out just enough to mount the speakers pointing at you. Nearfield usually involves toe in, to point right at your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back