Place to buy 8-pin DIP flying leads?
Feb 18, 2014 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DronEvil

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I have tried searching the forums, digikey, mouser, ebay, partsexpress and other common audio sites for these, and i can't seem to find them.

I need some 8-pin DIP flying leads (extension cables).  I can only seem to find them as add-ons on sites that sell op amps (like audio-gd).  I don't really want to pay like $20 shipping for a handful of flying leads from china.  As I've said I've searched this forum and other sites with everything like "8-pin dip flying leads, extension cables, adapters" etc. etc. and found nothing helpful.

I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi,
You need only two DIP-8 sockets.
Disassemble one of them and solder single pins with wires to second DIP-8.
But flying wires kill signal quality.

-- Good Luck

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the responses.  Basically, the chassis my boards are in are way to small to allow clearance of burson hd op amps and the audio-gd earth op amps. 

One application is for on a soundcard, and I actually had to remove my machine's power supply in order to get the card in with the bursons on it (it's pretty ghetto, the PS sits outside my pc on the floor).

The other is in a small headphone amp. I was hoping to use the cable leads to place the op amps to the side of the boards (so that they're parallel to them, rather than perpendicular) so that i can close my computer case and my amp's chasis.

If they are going to degrade sound quality substantially i guess I will just forgo the op amp upgrades all together :frowning2:

I'm not opposed soldering the op amps directly to the board (removing the dip sockets and installing directly on the board) however this still only gives me an extra couple centimeters to work with and wouldn't change my space situation at all.

Thanks for your help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back