Pizza Favorites?
Feb 27, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #16 of 111
best pizza I remember having is from some tiny place (that I can't remember the name of) in Keystone, CO right next to a pub/eatery called The Goat (which is very cool also).

Favorite local pizza is from Papa Keno's and has feta cheese, fresh roast garlic, spinach and roma tomato = amazing.

Favorite frozen pizza is Calif. Pizza Kitchen

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #17 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmandbluesix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you should happen to find yourself in Louisiana, go to Johnny's Pizza and order:

Sweep The Kitchen - pepperoni, mushrooms, ham, black olives, onions, sausage, anchovies, ground beef, green peppers and jalapenos

Or if you want a taste of Cajun flavor....

Sweep The Swamp - spicy crawfish, shrimp, andouille sausage, crab, bell peppers, onions and jalapeno peppers

If you're in the Washington DC metropolitan area, go to Ledo's Pizza and order the following:

Buffalo Pizza - Provolone cheese, roasted chicken, Frank's hot sauce, Ledo's marinara sauce, and blue cheese dressing on the side

Pizza, oh how I love thee...........

I am drooling here just reading that.

Could go for one or five of any of those pizzas right now ...
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #18 of 111
Poultry meats and fruit are NOT permitted on a pizza. Its just immoral and wrong and an insult to pizzadom. Anythgin else goes. Boiled egg and spinich, mozarella and hallumi, and artichoke, caper, anchovy and olive are all excelelnt combos though.

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #19 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Poultry meats and fruit are NOT permitted on a pizza. Its just immoral and wrong and an insult to pizzadom. Anythgin else goes. Boiled egg and spinich, mozarella and hallumi, and artichoke, caper, anchovy and olive are all excelelnt combos though.

No. Absolutely, no.

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #21 of 111
Feb 27, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #23 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by jPoDTGN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. Absolutely, no.

To which part? My topping choices or my remarks against chicken on pizzas?

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #24 of 111
Also, pizza should always be thin base. Deep pan is like eating a loaf of very tasteless bread. Stuffed crusts are okay, but only for children. One should have a couple of dips for the crusts if nessessary. Garlic mayo is a good one. Or maybe Patem dressing.

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #25 of 111
Salted Cured meats, sausages, linguicia...etc... lots of cheese and pizza sauce, tossed crust, brick oven baked. onions, olives and garlic. bell peppers too. Anchovies on the side.

Romas' pizzaria in Sacramento / Folsom is my fave. Been going there since I was a kid.

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #26 of 111
kramer, Try the Italian at via mia pizza in Santa Clara. very good and only 14 bucks for a big one when i used to last live there 2001.
Ive tried some very awesome pizza places in the bay area but most might have changed their names and management by now. Lots of them have great microbrews too. The one on stevens creek has some tidehouse beer, forgot the name but its very near the good guys

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #27 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Say what?!!!

Only applies if you're in certain parts of Italy..........

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #28 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no takers for The Office?

love the office

my favorite pizza is thin crust and not a lot of sauce. my favorite pizza place around my area is called "a slice or new york" or something like that
i can't wait to go to new york this summer and get some real nice pizza

Feb 27, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #29 of 111
My two favorite pizzas are from two small Italian food restaurants in the area I grew up. The first is called Giuseppes and is basically about the size of a single wide trailer and resides in a town with less than 500 people. The pizza I love there is called "Dawn's Special White". It would seem like a typical white pizza with chicken and white sauce, but there's some secret ingrediants that make it my favorite pizza of all time. Too bad they only open the restaurant when the want to and don't have any sort of set "business hours". Lol

The second restaurant is called Cucina Paradiso. It's a family run joint but is a lot bigger than Giuseppes. They have a pesto pizza that ranks as my second favorite pizza of all time.

After these two, I would say that I like most good NY and Chicago style pizza's with any variety of toppings.

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #30 of 111
hawawaiin bbq pizza from papa johns. any stuffed crust pizza from pizza hut. i love spinach alfredo calzones. mmmm... all kinds of pizza is good. and the best thing about pizza is you usually find it "free" at parties and stuff. (along with beer
tongue.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back