Pipe-Fi!
Apr 23, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #17 of 48
I'm still breaking it in but so far its my favorite, the bowl stays very cool.

Apr 24, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #19 of 48
Nice, just be aware that it probably won't be as clenchable as the one in your pic.. it's pretty chunky and weighs around 2.6oz.

Nov 13, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Over the years, we have had several discussions of pipe and pipe smoking in the Members' Lounge. It is clear we have some pipe-philes who know and love their pipes and tobacco.

This morning's WSJ has an article on the surge in pipe smoking on American campuses dispite the universal global repression of the tobacco nazis. I started smoking pipes in college thirty-eight years ago.

A good pipe, some tasty tobacco, a good book, a couple of friendly spaniels snugged up, and some fine music continue to be my evening companions of choice. Pipes, pipe tobacco, and pipe collecting have led me many interesting places and introduced me to several life-long friends.

Below is a shot of the mantle behind my desk with part of my collection.

So sound off, and let's see yours!
biggrin.gif

Actually I haven't seen anyone smoking a pipe on my campus (besides my self) outside of the older gents.

Right now my collection consists of a simple corn-cob pipe and a Mario Grandi I got off ebay. The Mario Grandi pipes are really great values in case anyone is interested.

By chance, does anyone have a recommendation for an aromatic? I like to be an accommodating pipe-smoker in social situations.

Nov 15, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #22 of 48
The best pipe I've ever smoked was of the unvarnished corncob type. But, then again, I am only 18 so that statement should be taken with the knowledge that I don't know diddly-dick!
P.S. Peter Stokkebye is the man
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #23 of 48
lol, my grandfa would really love this thread.

Apr 17, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #24 of 48
OK - a few pictures of my most belowed pipes:

web.jpg

web.jpg

Savinelli - from 2005. Very comfortable and light. I use it in the forrest for walks in the nature. My outdoor pipe.

web.jpg

Handmade by Danish pipemaker Ole Stonor. The Briar is more than 200 years old!!

web.jpg

Also handmade by pipemaker Ole Stonor. Briar older than 150 years. Very heavy - but fantastic smoking abilities. Only for indoor sitting down smoking.

web.jpg

Nørding Hunting Pipe from 2002 - very handy and comfortable a true beauty.
About Nørding:
SMOKESHOP 04/08 - Erik Nording: The Pipe Man from Slangerup

web.jpg

Apr 17, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #25 of 48
web.jpg

I did also cut my own pipes a few years back. They were all given away as gifts. But THAT is a real timeconsuming but very rewarding hobby.

And for the record - this is one of my favourite tobaccos. No taste-substances added to sweeten the aroma or taste - only the pure ripe Virginia.
web.jpg

I also enjoy a good Latakia tobacco once in a while and Rattreys No7 is great for that.

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #28 of 48
Hi Vitor - beautifull pipes. I have always admired the pipes from TOM ELTANG. The SARA ELTANG pipes are as far as I understand factory made - am I right?

I found this picture - a true beauty:
Image-54FC2038520511DA.jpg

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #29 of 48
I was at the webpage of Tom Eltang and found these. Look at the briar!!!! Absolutely worldclass pipes. I bet you will not find many headphones in the same priceclass of these pipes.

Image-0D4D8C60520311DA.jpg

Image-0D4D304E520311DA.jpg

Apr 18, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #30 of 48
Absolutely wonderful pipes!
Tom Eltang is a world class pipe maker, i love the nordic school, (if we might say that)
I bought the Sara from Scandpipes.com, Per Billhäll is a very nice guy to deal with, highly recommended, as well as Robert Cooper at eBay My World - coopersark.
I really don't know if the Sara line is factory made, but i really don't care, it's a great smoker (smoking right now on it), and very beautiful.

Well talking about pricey pipes, have you seen the prices of some Bo Nordh's?
Last one who caught my attention was sold for 7.000$!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back