Pipe-Fi!
Apr 19, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #31 of 48
Reading this thread takes me back to my childhood,where in the evenings the smell of my Fathers pipe would fill the house along with a lot of smoke,but passive hysteria was not around in those days.
Even though it was what seems like a long time ago that wonderous aroma still is strong in my mind,if my Father was in a good mood I was allowed to rub the tobacco and fill the pipe for him.I only found out in later years that my Father used to empty it and repack it when I was not around.
Pipe smoking parents are wonderful.

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #32 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well talking about pricey pipes, have you seen the prices of some Bo Nordh's? Last one who caught my attention was sold for 7.000$!!

Oh yeah! Really beautifull - but expensive. Those are true artwork.

If I ever got my hands on one of those I would never smoke it I think.
normal_smile .gif

I might even consider selling it at buying a Meier Concerto
beerchug.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #33 of 48
What a pleasure to find this thread. I picked up a pipe in college (my thanks to Don at the Tobacco Tavern in State College, PA) and have enjoyed them ever since.

Here's a picture of my current favorite: a Savinelli Tundra. A great smoke for the money!

img0397eg.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a pleasure to find this thread. I picked up a pipe in college (my thanks to Don at the Tobacco Tavern in State College, PA) and have enjoyed them ever since.

Here's a picture of my current favorite: a Savinelli Tundra. A great smoke for the money!

That picture contains just about everything one need in life
beerchug.gif

Grados, pipe, tobacco and a MacBook Pro. I could survive for a long time with just that and a blanket - provided I could get a refill of tobacco once in a while
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmushorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That picture contains just about everything one need in life
beerchug.gif

Grados, pipe, tobacco and a MacBook Pro. I could survive for a long time with just that and a blanket - provided I could get a refill of tobacco once in a while
biggrin.gif

Indeed. I tried to get my Mapletree amp in the photo as well, but I just couldn't get the composition to work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed. I tried to get my Mapletree amp in the photo as well, but I just couldn't get the composition to work.
smily_headphones1.gif

If I had to, I could live without the amplifier.

Interrested in cutting your own pipes - you can start here:
Welcome to Romeo Briar

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #38 of 48
is this irony. i have not seen this thread. just sat down to read head-fi with the autograph and blue chimay. it is stuffed with.....captain black. yes indeed. i find that to be darn good tobacco. it must be since walgreens sells it much cheaper than iwan ries!

Dec 7, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #39 of 48

Quote:
is this irony. i have not seen this thread. just sat down to read head-fi with the autograph and blue chimay. it is stuffed with.....captain black. yes indeed. i find that to be darn good tobacco. it must be since walgreens sells it much cheaper than iwan ries!

A Chicago man? Or Catalog orderer? 

I've never been a fan of Captain Black. I absolutely prefer Prince Albert. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #40 of 48
i get to chicago occasionally but i catalog order now. driving there with the cost of gas and paying $25 to park lol. last time i went there wabash was under construction and after that i vowed not to go there for a long while haha. i came this close to getting hit by a taxi which of course would have ruined my day. let alone anywhere to park. that whole area baffles me as to the parking situation. of course i suppose parts of la or nyc are even worse. i wish i was able to go to the jewelers mall and such but it is just too hard. last time i went there i hit iwan,fabrielle, and executive essentials to make it worth my while. i guess it has been a while....sorry for rant. in the 60's i lived there. it was a nice quiet neighborhood then(no el) and iwan was on the first floor. there obviously has been a large decline in pipe smokers since then. i wonder why. cigarettes are bound to harm one a lot faster than pipes. that is a medical fact. i guess it just is not cool anymore but being as old as i am i suppose it is retro or whatever.

anyways, they still have amazing pipes. you have to ask though. the really good stuff(cheap or expensive) is not always in the catalog. they remember me from 40 years so they are happy to always go look through the drawers. the autograph i was just smoking was three zeros and i felt like they made a mistake it was so cheap at the time. great place regardless of the parking. perhaps, the place for pipes anymore.

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #41 of 48
I love my Savinelli's and what have you. I don't smoke them much anymore though. I have a bent churchwarden that smokes super cool but collects moisture too easilly and then my Savinelli Delux Milano Bulldog. The Savinelli was a gift to myself ha. 

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #42 of 48
I'm an off and on again smoker...

My first (and only) pipe:

Its a Calabresi.

Jan 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #43 of 48
Savinelli Punto Oro 618, Rustic. And Frog Morton in my tobacco pouch for later. 

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #44 of 48
Up, up. More pipes!

My new Castello La Vite limited, about to pack it up. Soo beautiful.

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #45 of 48
What a beauty! Straight lines and all - a true masterpiece 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back