Pioneer's First Portable Amp XPA-700
Oct 21, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #46 of 155
What is the name for the balanced headphone output from the XPA-700? 
Is it the RSA/ALO balanced connector?

Thanks in advance! 

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #47 of 155
I just got my XPA700, connected to my laptop, it didn't work. It seems that this device does not compatible with Windows 10 ----- on device manager, the XPA-700(usb audio device) marked with a yellow exclamation mark. Anyone has same problem? I can't find the driver for win10 on official site.

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #50 of 155
well I have one on the way, I finally took the plunge, sould be here within a weeks time,  will post some impressions after it arrives! yea!

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #51 of 155
well I have one on the way, I finally took the plunge, sould be here within a weeks time,  will post some impressions after it arrives! yea!

Looking forward to your impressions of the product! Planning to get 1 too.
It's not available for sale in my country so this is my only source of info regarding the amp's performance!

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #53 of 155
  So does this work with Android?  Thanks.

I think it doesn't. I read on the Japanese Pioneer website the FAQ section about this device, using the Google translator. It says the USB connection is not compatible with Android, only iOS and Windows. You can only make this device work with Android through the analogue cable, I'm not 100% sure though. There isn't very much info on this device on the web.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #56 of 155
I just picked one up today. It works with Windows 10 x64 using the official Win 8.1 driver available here:
http://pioneer-audiovisual.com/support/av_pc/compo/pha/xpa-700/download/download.php

It also works with the Samsung Galaxy S5 and S6. My friend tried it with his OnePlus One and it worked as well.

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #57 of 155
  I just picked one up today. It works with Windows 10 x64 using the official Win 8.1 driver available here:
http://pioneer-audiovisual.com/support/av_pc/compo/pha/xpa-700/download/download.php

It also works with the Samsung Galaxy S5 and S6. My friend tried it with his OnePlus One and it worked as well.

Does it work with Samsung Galaxy through the analogue output or the digital one? I believed the USB cable of this device was not Android compatible.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #58 of 155
Nov 17, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #60 of 155
Does it work with Samsung Galaxy through the analogue output or the digital one? I believed the USB cable of this device was not Android compatible.

Digital. I used an OTG adaptor with a normal micro usb cable. I'll order a micro usb OTG cable soon.

All the phones were running stock firmware.

So does it sound good? Do you have something else to compare to? Like a fiio?

I've only got a Musiland MD-10 and Supermacro III unfortunately. I'm still in Japan so haven't been able to do a comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back