Pioneer XDP-100R
Sep 16, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #61 of 64
Has anyone been able to get a USB dac connected through a Audioquest dragon tail..... I tried but it does not connect to the meridian explorer 2. I have had no issues connecting the Meridian to my Sony xperia compact using a cheap anker cable. Any help appreciated, I'm going through Audio player pro on phone and pioneer.

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #62 of 64
Hi guys, I've heard some (or even most of) third party audio players available on the DAP (such as Poweramp) actually don't use the ESS DAC chip but a second one resulting in much poorer quality and downsampling.
Is that correct? Actually when playing a dsf file through Poweramp it displays something which could be the sampling rate of the file itself but also (after hitting the screen) something like a headphone logo and "output 16-bit 48khz" writen ... doesn't sounds good to me ...

In fact I'm currently looking for a way to stream DSD files from my network (NAS) using my XDP-100R but of course using the ESS DAC. I don't see such feature in Pioneer's Audio app. Any other app able to stream DLNA and play DSD?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #63 of 64
My xdp100r has developed an intermittent USB connection. I have to push the cable back for it to charge, I've tried different cables but it looks like it's the plug in the player.......bugger

Oct 21, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #64 of 64
Sorry to bump an old thread but my Pioneer XDR100 DAP doesnt get passed the setup screen.

I reset using android power and up buttons as i had forgot my password.
Now it boots up i set the region (UK) next add in wifi pass word but it just times out checking connection. :frowning2:

Is this because pioneer have stopped supporting it and so no respons?

I have a functioning DAP (but poor battery) but cant get it to setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back