Pioneer XDP-100R
Jul 17, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #16 of 64
I don't actually own on of these, so I'm not familiar enough with it to tell you what apps to shut down. Possibly Pioneer has already stripped out some of the extraneous "cell phone"processes, but I don't know. At a minimum, though, since it is not a cell phone, putting it into airplane mode will at least gain you some standby time. No matter what you do, though, short of turning it off each time you use it, you're bound to be disappointed  if you're hoping for a few days between charges.

Years back I had an older Cowon Plenue model, really one of the early DAPs to use Android, although it looked like a generic cell phone. You could install different music player apps on it, EQ to your heart's content, etc., but it could barely run Android, would often lag with touchscreen response, and would easily drain the battery in a day just sitting idle. Shutting down and disabling some of the useless cell phone-related apps and enabling airplane mode, along with setting the screen to shut off after a minute of inactivity, were the only way to make it last more than one day.

The old Ibasso DX100 (which sounded wonderful) was nearly as bad and would last 5 hours total run time. The 10 plus hours or so you can get from the Pioneer, Onkyo, and the myriad Astell and Kern players, is fairly common.

Not sure if it's worth keeping it if battery life is a big concern to you, but otherwise it is a very versatile portable player, and offers a lot of flexibility without the premium price tag of the top tier Astell and Kern models.

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #17 of 64
The quickest "tweak" is to use the default Pioneer/Onkyo audio player in Stand-Alone mode. I play FLAC almost exclusively maybe an album or two before going to sleep for an example and no need to charge XDP for several days. Battery life could be better (the crux of almost all portable devices) but there definitely isn't any noticeable drain after a few songs.

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #20 of 64
does it have a digital out?

Seriously you need to do some research and stop spamming all the threads. All the questions you are asking have been answered or are listed in the specs. You also should stick to the one thread on the same player and not spam both with the same questions.

Oct 22, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #21 of 64
does it have a digital out?

Seriously you need to do some research and stop spamming all the threads. All the questions you are asking have been answered or are listed in the specs. You also should stick to the one thread on the same player and not spam both with the same questions.
just tell me that can i connect my amp to it?

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #22 of 64
just tell me that can i connect my amp to it?

Seing as an amp does not use a digital signal why are you asking about a digital out? An amp takes an analog signal and amplifies it.

Nov 17, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #24 of 64
Nov 26, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #28 of 64
My bad, I meant 256gb micro SD, I've never had need of an SD card so I tend to use the two terms interchangeably.

Most rational persons In The hobby would understand what you meant as all the players use micro SD cards not sd cards.

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #30 of 64
Hello!

I have bought Pioneer XDP-100R as my New Year present and quite happy with it. As a stand alone player it is just great, no comparison with Iphone 7+ in respect to sound quality.
I have a question to someone who already tried it out: is it possible to connect this player to AV receiver using MHL HDMI cable to use it with stereo system? I mean, will the USB port of Pioneer recognize and allow this kind of connection?

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back