Pioneer SE-A1000 (Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?)
Nov 1, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #751 of 1,082
The SE-A1000 is a very good headphone for the price, but doesn't compare to the HD600 & HD650 for detail and sonic quality.

A very good place to start on your journey, or even come back to, to just listen to the music.

Nov 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #752 of 1,082
Gracias por la respuesta "fbarberis" Ahi me fije en Musimundo, estan 799 y en MercadoLibre 699.
Los Razer, suenan bastante bien, lo unico con lo que lo comparé fue con los Senheiser HD205 (estaba entre entre esos 2 cuando me lo compre) y, para mi oido el Razer suena mucho mas claro y "mejor" pero es mi opinion. A comparacion de los 598 son una cagada, pero bueno, cuestan un poco mas del doble...

(for english readers)

Thanks for answering, "fbarberis". I looked in Musimundo (an electronic shop of here) and they are 799 AR$ and on MercadoLibre (Latin american eBay) are 699 AR$.
My Razer phones sound pretty good, i've only compared them to a Senheiser HD205 (i wa between those when i bought the Razer) and, for my ear, the Orca sound much more clear and "better", but that's my opinion. Compared to the HD598 the Orca sucks, but well, they are a little more than twice the price...

I also would like to say that the primary source of music i'll be using them with is an 5th gen. iPod Touch and sometimes to my PC. I'm afraid about the cable and it's resistance. With the HD598 with no amplifier sounds perfect.

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #753 of 1,082
Hi!

Don't worry about the cable. I've used my Se-A1000 plugged into an iPod Shuffle 4G with no problems at all. If you prefer a more forward/brighter (and less veiled) presentation, you can get a pair of Takstar HI-2050 from Mercadolibre.

Takstar's Hi-2050 are less forgiving than Pioneers. And will force you to listen to high quality recordings.

Best Luck!

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #754 of 1,082
  Hi!

Don't worry about the cable. I've used my Se-A1000 plugged into an iPod Shuffle 4G with no problems at all. If you prefer a more forward/brighter (and less veiled) presentation, you can get a pair of Takstar HI-2050 from Mercadolibre.

Takstar's Hi-2050 are less forgiving than Pioneers. And will force you to listen to high quality recordings.

Best Luck!

Thanks for the answer.

What do yo mean by "less veiled" and "less forgiving" ?

The "bad" of the Takstar is "if something happens to them" there's no service.

EDIT: I see what you did there:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/677868/pioneer-se-a1000-vs-takstar-hi-2050-open-headphones

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #755 of 1,082

Thanks for the answer.

What do yo mean by "less veiled" and "less forgiving" ?

The "bad" of the Takstar is "if something happens to them" there's no service.

EDIT: I see what you did there:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/677868/pioneer-se-a1000-vs-takstar-hi-2050-open-headphones

Veiled - Like a silk veil is over the speakers. Slight noise or distortion or slightly weak high frequencies. Loss of detail due to limited transparency.

A less forgiving headphone makes the recording flaws more evident.

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #756 of 1,082

Veiled - Like a silk veil is over the speakers. Slight noise or distortion or slightly weak high frequencies. Loss of detail due to limited transparency.

A less forgiving headphone makes the recording flaws more evident.

Ahhh! And that's why the veil tearing mod. IDK, I still think the Pioneer are the best all around option, even after reading your comparison. They also seem more "durable".

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #758 of 1,082
Recently purchased the SE-A1000 and thought I'd hop into the thread to say thanks to all in this thread and a couple others here on head-fi for helping me with this decision. This site has been a wealth of knowledge while researching cans the last month or so.  After owning a few low end junk pair of headphones over the past couple of years these are a HUGE improvement. While some may turn their noses down at them (and who can blame them with some of the gear they are fortunate enough to own) I feel like for the price range these cans are in, they're everything I could have asked for. Probably going to to do the elastic band "tightening" mod soon. Snagged a pair on amazon for just over 50 bucks. Worth every penny and then some. Thanks to everyone for pointing a guy in the right direction.

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #760 of 1,082
Warning! New User Posting!

After my Tritton AX720's were broken by my kids(arghh!) and being highly disappointed by the gaming Headset from Monoprice I am taking the leap. I put together a few pieces of kit but agreed to do so on a budget. So between Amazon and ebay this is what I have purchased. 

Astro Mixamp (2011 Model) $60 with no cables. I have the TOSlink and USB cables already.
2 into 1 3.5mm headphone and mic adapter. I made sure it had the same configuration as the one from astrogaming.com.
6 foot long 2.5mm male to male cable to enable Xbox Live Chat.
Labtec LVA7330 headset microphone (to be modded on arrival)

The final piece took some research and debate on my part. I wanted a pair of ATH-AD700's given their reputation for positional accuracy. But given my budget restrictions I had to forgo those since they sell for around $130 on Amazon and are hard to get on Ebay at this time. So I needed a replacement that I knew would come as close as possible to giving me the same experience. After reading several reviews I decided to grab the SE-A1000's. They fit my budget, I mean what a steal at $54 on Amazon! And if the reviews are correct then the sound should be more than good enough for my use. This site has been a trove of information so thanks to everyone who takes the time to post reviews and share they experiences. I'm looking forward to many long hours of gaming and finding a new appreciation for my LP collection very soon. Everything should arrive by the weekend and I can't wait to put it all together. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #761 of 1,082
For somebody entering the hi-fi world who has used stock earbuds or common commercial crap these are a fantastic introduction to what good audio can and should sound like. Budget friendly and high quality. - enjoy

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #763 of 1,082
I ordered these today, but I'm already feeling buyer's remorse. I was sold on these by reading through this thread, but it seems like peoples' opinion of these have fallen off a bit. I was hoping to get a nice alternative to my MDR-V6's, and these seemed like a good deal, but do these come anywhere even remotely close in quality to something like the HD598's, K701's or DT770/880/990's? I don't have a huge budget to work with, but I'd rather just save up if these are truly inferior cans. 

I appreciate any input.

Nov 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #765 of 1,082

Users who are viewing this thread

Back