Pioneer SE-A1000, anyone have these?
Jan 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
Just curious how you like them?  They've been around for a while I think, and I don't see too many HF comments on them, they certainly don't appear to have ever had any FOTM hype.

I was at my local Frys and they were on sale for $65.  Tylls measurements look pretty good for a can in this price range.  Big open design with velour earpads and 50mm drivers.  Look to be very comfy.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/PioneerSEA1000.pdf

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 4
I used to own these. Very balanced sound. Only problem is that the cable is about 20 feet long (made for home theatre) and they barely grip the head. You need to do a mod to make them a bit more secure.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 4
I have them currently. Extremely comfortable, as long as you don't make sudden movements. Headband gets quite twisty with time, having to figure out which way to rewind it. After a few hours some brief ear pain may (ymmv) result due to the pads being slightly shallow, even though the diameter of them encompasses even elephant ears.

Can't speak much for sound as I bought them for the comfort, but they sounded initially kinda.. um.. muffled? compared to my earlier AD700s. I got used to that eventually.

May 20, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 4
I had these headphones before and they are really sibilant when listening at mid volume (Note: I plugged it into my macbook at the time, not a good source!). But other than that, they are very detailed with clear mids, highs, and punchy well-rounded bass. They are practically a steal at $65!
popcorn.gif
Popcorn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back