PINT Problem
Apr 11, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #76 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb
Yes.

The above, plus install 1KΩ resistors in place of the two input coupling caps, change R4 to 6.2KΩ, R3 to 1.2KΩ, and C3 to 10pF.

amb, thanks very much for your clarification. I also want to point out that in Tangent's list of parts, C3 is already 10pF. Just in case it mystify someone else beside myself.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #77 of 284
I meant similar as in with the keeping the ferrite out of the feedback loop. But yeah I put up a ground one anyway.

Well I have two boards so this is definitely something I'm going to try. I'll make one with input caps first though to make sure I can get one that actually works.

If you do it Filburt, put up a pic of the C3 stacking. Sounds interesting.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #78 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz
put up a pic of the C3 stacking. Sounds interesting.
biggrin.gif

Here's ours. Each "C3" is actually R4 and C3 stacked together. Note that this is one of tangent's green prototype PINT pcbs.

attachment.php

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #80 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
so in addition to the normal positions of R4, you also stack an additional 2 R4's onto the C3s?

No. Leave the original R4 position empty. The purpose of doing this is to put the output ferrite outside of the feedback loop. See the schematic.

Apr 12, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #83 of 284
one question about the cut: is basically what your doing there is cutting the trace that connects pin 7 to L3? How deep does the cut need to be to do this?

Apr 12, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #84 of 284
deep enough to sever the trace. less than a millimeter would be enough

Apr 12, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #86 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanohue
Ok, simple enough
very_evil_smiley.gif

Remember to check for discontinuity after delivering the scalpel
tongue.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #88 of 284
is it just me, or are the arrows in the PINT picture switched? In amb's before and after pics, the after picture has 2 arrows, but it seems like they're pointing to the opposite thing?

Apr 13, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #89 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
is it just me, or are the arrows in the PINT picture switched? In amb's before and after pics, the after picture has 2 arrows, but it seems like they're pointing to the opposite thing?

confused.gif

If you're referring to the "cut here" and "jumper here" arrows, they are correctly oriented. Look at the before and after pics carefully -- red means "connected", black is not connected.

Apr 13, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #90 of 284
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb
confused.gif

If you're referring to the "cut here" and "jumper here" arrows, they are correctly oriented. Look at the before and after pics carefully -- red means "connected", black is not connected.

doh, flipped the colors in my mind
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back