Pink Noise for IE8
Jun 18, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
Okay,

So I have about 10 hours of pink-noise burnt in and about 4-hours of pink, white and brown noise.

I should be able to go?

Can I just listen to regular music now..?

Yes, that's the point.. LOL You don't have to burn them in before listening.. My break in formula is simple, I unwrap my cans, plug them in, listen for a few hours the first night, then burn them in overnight and while I'm at work.. but as soon as I get home I pop them in or on my ears.. I want to hear if there's any change along the way..  but mostly I want to hear them..  There's no right way or wrong way.. put them in your ear and have a listen.. you're missing out!!!   Enjoy!!

Jun 22, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #17 of 21
bnhabs, check out my burnin discussion thread for the MTPC there is a link in there for a 1hr burnin song I created that is a combination of pink white and brown noise with a silence break. Plus if you follow the link for the burnin file back to to the folder that holds the file there is a flac version on that same file and a file that uses more pink and white noise vs brown noise. Both files have a built in rest period. I suggest reading the thread to geta feel of how to use it. Then burn youe IE8 in at night using those files and just use your IE8 throughout the day. Then you will get to hear some of the changes as they happen but you will ensure you give the IEM's a good workout at night as they get broken in.

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #18 of 21
I have burned-in my IE8s for 2000 hours of pink noise and no problems so far. Just that from 500 hours to 2000 hours, there is not really alot of difference in terms of sound.

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #19 of 21
^^ wow that is serious burnin^^
biggrin.gif

I know the IE8 is notorious for needing a lot of use or burnin to sound it's best. Your experience after 500hrs is typical of what I have read in regards to being finally burned in.

Personally I stopped doing any more burnin after 100 or so hours with my IE8 and just let listening to music do the rest.

Jun 22, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #20 of 21
You shouldn't just take burn-in at face value, like it's an obvious fact when the effect is actually contentious - not everyone agrees it makes a difference (and that differences are purely psychological), and those who support burn-in usually note that different models need different times. Therefore, it is important that you try for yourself. 

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #21 of 21
Ypoknons;

I think we are all in agreement that the OP should listen and make up his own mind :). I offer the file I created because it has made a very measurable improvement to my MTPC but can not say how it will affect other IEM's which is why I warn users to try it for a while and then have a listen as it may not be the change they are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back