Pink Noise did wonders to my RS-1's!
Feb 11, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, no, not white noise, that is really boring, I use Pink noise. It is good for limbering up your ears, well ear drum, as well as the headphones but yeesh, it does have a psychological effect after a while. I kind of just stare at people for the first few hours after using it for say, 8 hours or so.

Hahaha.. how ingenious. Sounds like cheap drugs to me !

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #19 of 24
BTW, who said the RS-1's are uncomfortable?? After i bent the headband a little to loosen them, they almost disappears on my head. Only thing is, I get some itching from them sometimes, but compared to the Sennheiser clamp that the HD650's gives me (very nice for the first 3 minutes...), they are a dream!!

I must be one of those few lucky ones
tongue.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #20 of 24
I've never had a problem with my HD650 clamping? I'm certain I don't have a small head, my girlfriend has to get the senns as tight as possible and she still complains that they are loose!

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #21 of 24
I wonder what the Conehead family does? Now that creates a mental images worth while. I wonder if the sound gets peaky?

Feb 11, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what the Conehead family does? Now that creates a mental images worth while. I wonder if the sound gets peaky?

So they do really exist? I thought the aspect ratio was wrong when I watched them on the TV.

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #23 of 24
Would be nice to get a report back on how the Pink Noise burn-in is going, if someone decide to try it out.

But remember, don't push it too far, so you blow your drivers
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #24 of 24
fingers crossed that i'll get my pair of RS-1s in a few weeks, will burn in using pink noise and report on progress
smile.gif

(Will be burning in a dac and an amp at the same time, wish me luck!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back