Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here vs. The Dark Side Of The Moon vs. Animals vs. The Wall
Oct 6, 2013 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus
Vote For Your Favorite. 

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 19
DSOTM was my 1st exposure to Floyd. It will always hold a special place in my collection...

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 19
Dark Side Of The Moon here also.....just listened to it last night with my new MAD EAR + HD & RS1i combo.....awesome....never sounded better.

Gotta love Floyd!

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #5 of 19
Amazing band. 
Went to see Roger Waters live this summer in Gothenburg and The wall was simply amazing and my favourite album by Pink Floyd :)

Oct 6, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #7 of 19
The Wall because it was my first Floyd album.  But I didn't really get into them until I heard Dark Side of the Moon.  

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 19
WYWH - This was mine and my best friend in high school favorite album at the time.  The lyrics playing back in my head are what got me through boot camp many moons ago.

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #10 of 19
^ Second the above. Meddle is my #1, DSOTM a close #2.

I just don't "get" Animals and believe me I have tried. It's like, I keep waiting for something to happen, that moment where you feel that soaring triumphant unexplainable *thing* in the music and it just never comes to me with that album. I want to love it so much but it's just never resonated.

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #11 of 19
meddle is by far my favorite aswell, but i voted for animals. i grew up listening to pink floyd, and i remember animals had a very strong impact on me as a kid, so i guess its just nostalgia, but out of the above its still my first choice

Oct 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #12 of 19
Sounds like Meddle would've been good to include in the voting...

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #13 of 19
The sweet spot for the band was Meddle through the Wall. I'd remove the Wall because it was too commercialized Waters screaming. So my favorite is MeddleDSotMWYWHAnimals. Great CD. :D

If shot without a single pick, I'll go DSotM.

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #14 of 19
The Wall is hard to love, some great stuff but it's such a long piece with so many interludes and - hate to say it, boring stretches - that it's practically unlistenable from beginning to end. I have the same issues with Tommy.

Atom Heart Mother is a Pink Floyd album that doesn't get it's due praise, IMO.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #15 of 19
The Division Bell was the album that got me into the Floyd when I was at uni. It wasn't until I listened to DSOTM that I realized my dad had been playing Pink Floyd all while I was growing up - I just didn't know it. Also, it turns out my first concert was Pink Floyd at Knebworth in 1990, I was 1 years old and on my dads back. 

Back to the subject, WYWH is my favorite, the opening 13 mins of that album are just perfect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back