Pink Floyd Appreciation Thread
Mar 10, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #16 of 40
my knick name in high school was "Pink". I have probably a rediculous number of bootlegs, footage, etc ... I donated to the park bench for Syd. Even went to cambridge to visit it.
And still no restraining order ......... go figure.

yeah I love the floyd

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #18 of 40
Ya know maybe in a few hundered years they'll teach kids about Floyd like they teach em' about Bach and Wagner and the classical cats. I'd take that kinda music class.

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #20 of 40
PF are and always will be in my top 5 best bands of all time, no small feat, believe me... As for best songs, I can't even tell you because it should be against the law to ever single one out in one of their albums. As for favorite album, probably either DSOTM or Wish you were here. The wall is awesome too!
Slade

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #21 of 40
Well I've never really listened to Pink Floyd before and I don't really know where to start. So I was thinking I'll download some songs, before I buy one (or more) of their albums. So I guess I'll rephrase my question: what are you favourite Pink Floyd songs??? (state name of album too plz)

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #22 of 40
PINK Floyd ROCKS! I give it one thumb up. I would give it two but the other thumb is attached to the hand scratching my butt right now.
basshead.gif
It certainly is great pot music.

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #23 of 40
What do i gt next?

This is what ive got:
DSOTM
Wish You Were Here
The Wall
Meddle
Animals
Works
The Final Cut
Division Bell
Ummagumma

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleafs
Well I've never really listened to Pink Floyd before and I don't really know where to start. So I was thinking I'll download some songs, before I buy one (or more) of their albums. So I guess I'll rephrase my question: what are you favourite Pink Floyd songs??? (state name of album too plz)

"Wish you were here" off of the album Wish you were Here is a really good song that can introduce you to Pink Floyd. It got my brother into them after I had already been into them for awhile. That song and also "Us and Them" off of Dark Side of the Moon really sucked him in. Pink Floyd made all kinds of good music, radio hits, to deep soulful music, to spacey chaotic yet well composed songs, so expect a wide array of stuff to listen to.

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
What do i gt next?

This is what ive got:
DSOTM
Wish You Were Here
The Wall
Meddle
Animals
Works
The Final Cut
Division Bell
Ummagumma

I'd say get Atom Heart Mother or Relics next. I think they both have more of a space rock feel than those albums.

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

What do i gt next?

This is what ive got:
DSOTM
Wish You Were Here
The Wall
Meddle
Animals
Works
The Final Cut
Division Bell
Ummagumma

You're missing one of my favorite albums - Obscured By Clouds

It's the one they did just before DSOTM, but it's a kinder and gentler album.

Mar 24, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

What do i gt next?

This is what ive got:
DSOTM
Wish You Were Here
The Wall
Meddle
Animals
Works
The Final Cut
Division Bell
Ummagumma

[size=medium]THE PIPER AT THE GATES OF DAWN [/size]

Mar 24, 2006 at 11:28 AM Post #30 of 40
I always admire, how they achieved such high recording quality long before digital recording techniques were developed. Their recordings still make most contemporary recordings look like amateur jobs. If only every sound engineer would put so much effort into his works...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back