Pink Floyd Appreciation Thread
Mar 7, 2006 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

dhp

(formerly known as DieInAFire)
After seeing the Frank Zappa thread, I tried to search for a Pink Floyd counterpart with little avail. A real tragedy, so I decided to create this one. Pink Floyd... lyricism and beauty is thy name... From the Syd Barrett years to the Roger Waters era, Pink Floyd has always sounded amazing. Mm... Dark Side of the Moon is the staple of any Rock Music collection, and Floyd is arguably the greatest rock band ever (in my mind at least, I could be wrong).

Mar 7, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 40
Pink Floyd has got to be my all time favorite band. There really is nothing like them, never has been and hopefully never will. They were a one of a kind group that made incredible music.

Too bad it had to end the way it did, but like they say "all good things must come to an end".

Still, The Floyd will always be #1 in my book, and if I was stuck on an island with only being able to have one group's discography, it would be theirs.

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 40
Great band & great songs! I have a hell of alot of albums from Pink Floyd, and all of them are excellent in their own ways. It's neat how on some of their songs they just use their organ (instrument not the flesh) to create their sound effects.

Mar 7, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #5 of 40
AMEN to all of the above.

IMHO not only the greatest band to ever live but also the most influential.

When you dont know what your in the mood for and just cant seem to make a decision on what to listen to, for some reason, Pink Floyd always works.

Mar 7, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
When you dont know what your in the mood for and just cant seem to make a decision on what to listen to, for some reason, Pink Floyd always works.

Amen to that, I was going to post something to that extent when I clicked on the thread. Pink Floyd are one of my most-visited bands ever.

Mar 7, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #7 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel

Very true. I couldn't figure out what to put on but somehow my hand was guided to The Wall. Currently listening to it right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Pink Floyd is by far my favorite band from the 60's-70's era, and I find their musicianship and lyrics to be unmatched by any other rock group. My favorite way to relax is to sit in my comfy leather chair, put on DSOTM, and just enjoy...

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #8 of 40
floyd is the greatest group ever to appear under the sun (whatever those aliens have been cooking up might be pretty cool you never know). what don't i like that i've heard so far? nothing. except some badly produced bootlegs (aka most tracks on A Tree Full of Secrets, though there is some great stuff there)

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #10 of 40
Two thumbs up for Pink Floyd
tongue.gif

Funny this thread was started, as I'm listening to David Gilmour's new solo album right now...

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #11 of 40
Yeah Thaddy, I just picked it up today and I just popped it on now.

I'm not even past track 1 and I'm already drooling...

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #13 of 40
I like Mike.......oh no, is not that that Pink Floyd that you are talking about......
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #14 of 40
Happy birthday Mike!

..ouch wrong thread ..
yes , I like Pink Floyd band and music a lot , even though I tend to pass periods in which I listen to them often , and periods in which I cannot stand so much their slow paced manner albums.
The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn is my frequent pick and easily my preferred album among others.

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
After seeing the Frank Zappa thread, I tried to search for a Pink Floyd counterpart with little avail. A real tragedy, so I decided to create this one. Pink Floyd... lyricism and beauty is thy name... From the Syd Barrett years to the Roger Waters era, Pink Floyd has always sounded amazing. Mm... Dark Side of the Moon is the staple of any Rock Music collection, and Floyd is arguably the greatest rock band ever (in my mind at least, I could be wrong).

I guess as long as you share the Pink Floyd love...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back