Pimeta build question
Oct 25, 2008 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

espressogeek

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
So I got around to tinkering with the pimeta board I order and it is playing music. I thought I understood the whole TLE2426 thing but I might not. When I measure the voltage from the ground input pad to the OPLAR V+ pad I see 21.33+ volts where I am sending that same voltage in to the input pads. I thought I should see something around 10.7+ and 10.7- on the V+ and V- pads respectivly? I replaed the TLE2426 thinking I might have damaged it but now I think I am overlooking something obvious as the result is the same. Thoughts, ideas?
redface.gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by espressogeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
So I got around to tinkering with the pimeta board I order and it is playing music. I thought I understood the whole TLE2426 thing but I might not. When I measure the voltage from the ground input pad to the OPLAR V+ pad I see 21.33+ volts where I am sending that same voltage in to the input pads. I thought I should see something around 10.7+ and 10.7- on the V+ and V- pads respectivly? I replaed the TLE2426 thinking I might have damaged it but now I think I am overlooking something obvious as the result is the same. Thoughts, ideas?
redface.gif

If by ground input pad, you mean the - lead from the battery, then you are seeing what you should be seeing. There is no "ground input pad". When tangent mentions ground, he is referring to a virtual ground created by the TLE; this is either the input virtual ground (IG or IG2), or the output ground, which should be the same as the input ground, only buffered (OG).

If you measure from IG to pin 8 on the OPALR socket, it should be + 1/2 of the voltage supply, and pin 4 should show - 1/2 of the voltage supply.

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #4 of 4
PARS, thanks so much for explaining this! I just measured it and it is +10.64 and -10.63 on OPLAR! Everything sounds great! Thanks again!
atsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If by ground input pad, you mean the - lead from the battery, then you are seeing what you should be seeing. There is no "ground input pad". When tangent mentions ground, he is referring to a virtual ground created by the TLE; this is either the input virtual ground (IG or IG2), or the output ground, which should be the same as the input ground, only buffered (OG).

If you measure from IG to pin 8 on the OPALR socket, it should be + 1/2 of the voltage supply, and pin 4 should show - 1/2 of the voltage supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back