Pilot Fi
Jan 14, 2011 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Banshee77

100+ Head-Fier
Are there any other pilots out there?

Jan 14, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 11
[size=small]I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters. [/size]
rolleyes.gif

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #4 of 11
I'm thinking about it; I've always wanted to learn. Even better now that I'll be spending a lot more time down in Yuma.

My guess is that icing and cloud cover wouldn't be too bad. :D

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #6 of 11
My dad's into flying. Him and few people share a Cessna 182 (I think its from the 80s) with the local search and rescue and a flying club. We go occasionally, sometimes down to Duluth MN for the day or to scout out lakes. He also flies Pilatus's part time, and my chair playing flight sim 2004 for hours...

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
I'm thinking about it; I've always wanted to learn. Even better now that I'll be spending a lot more time down in Yuma.

My guess is that icing and cloud cover wouldn't be too bad.
biggrin.gif

Flying in the desert rocks for the most part. The visibility is usually great and the aren't many clouds or thunderstorms to worry about for that matter; but when the weather is bad, it's bad! The wind can change on ya quick, and that can also mean lots of dust and sand! Oh, and I recommend an aircraft with great a/c, unless you wanna fry in your sweet little green house some might call a cockpit.

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
My dad's into flying. Him and few people share a Cessna 182 (I think its from the 80s) with the local search and rescue and a flying club. We go occasionally, sometimes down to Duluth MN for the day or to scout out lakes. He also flies Pilatus's part time, and my chair playing flight sim 2004 for hours...

Is your dad with the Civil Air Patrol?

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #10 of 11
Haha I should've looked at your location. Doh! Canada is beautiful to fly over, I flew up to Dryden, Ontario of all places a few months ago, and then flew past Thunder Bay on the way back down South. Absolutely gorgeous! The coolest thing about flying up there is that you will fly over areas where there is absolutely no sign of human life, just raw nature.

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #11 of 11
Been working in the charter industry on and off for years. Air Search & Rescue volunteer finally working on my PPL. One benefit of living where I do is getting to fly a lot in some serious scenery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back