Pier 1 glass head question. . .
Nov 7, 2002 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
How big is the pier 1 glass head? I'm worried about stretching my hd580s too much, and them too loose in the future. Has anyone used one for an extended period of time?

Also, how much are they, and are they still widely available?

Nov 7, 2002 at 3:52 AM Post #2 of 12
Luckily, the glass head is a bit smaller than the average human head, so it won't over-stretch your headphones. Costs under $20 and is well worth your cash.

Mark

Nov 7, 2002 at 6:25 AM Post #4 of 12
I've got the glass head, but I don't leave my 580's on it. They stay on the Radio Shack headphone stand, which I got for 69 cents!
biggrin.gif
I don't use the head becuase I worry about squishing down the pads on the phones. I tried some 600's at the WOH tour and they had some seriously deflated pads, which gave me a bit of a complex about keeping mine nice and fluffy, like they day they was born
tongue.gif

But I do use it with my other phones (Beyer DT231, HD 280 Pro's), which I don't worry about quite so much. And she looks damn cool sitting in front of my window.

BTW, does anyone else find her features to be slightly "alien", with a larger than normal skull in comparison to her face size. Something about her looks a little off, and sometimes late at night with the Radiohead on, I get a little weirded out
frown.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 12
amen grancasa, headphones that I paid upwards of 200.00 bucks don't get the glass head treatment for just that reason, I would like them to stay as new as possible for the longest period of time possible.... and those earpads can be a bit finicky if you know what I mean.....

Nov 9, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #11 of 12
Hey, I second the motion about the Pier1 glass head.

Sci-fi on top of the monitor wearing Staxes...

There were variations in them, you may want to check all the samples for one(s) without too many bubbles/blurps, etc, and reasonable symmetry.

Nov 9, 2002 at 5:25 AM Post #12 of 12
I don't regret putting my HD580s around a huge row of books to make them loose... they were giving me a headache before. I just wish I'd taken off the pads off first.
tongue.gif

Ah well, I can always buy new ones
tongue.gif
They're not all THAT deflated.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back