Pictures of your Portable Rig
Nov 14, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #991 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by jet_fighter00
Nice Thaddy! Its sad that your Karma is no longer with you. By the way, how did you like the new A Perfect Circle album?

I wasn't expecting much, since I knew it would be all covers except Passive and the remix of Pet, but there are some decent songs worth listening to
smily_headphones1.gif
Passive is awesome though, that song went into my regular dosage of APC
etysmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
thaddy, i like! why no volume pot? do you use the headphone jack? also, did you make that mini/mini? interesting choice on the coiled cord. i also see you have the older, non-coiled cord er4.

I didn't get the volume pot because it would have taken up too much space, which means Zemo would have had to use the longer hammond case. The gain is set so I get the full range of volume my ear needs without maxing the volume on the iHP out. And that mini to mini used to be a headphone cord, I think from some Beyers or something. A Head-Fi member included it with my Supermini buy a while back.

And thats funny you mentioned my non-braided Ety's, since I sent them an email a few days ago inquiring about the braided cord
etysmile.gif

Nov 15, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #992 of 1,385
Quick question, does anyone know the best retail store to get nice camera bags at? I like the looks of the Lowepro posted earlier in this thread. I'm thinking somewhere like a Circuit City or Best buy, where they have deparments designated for camera accessories, or maybe a Ritz camera. They might be overpriced though, so you think places like Wal-Mart and Target carry them?

Oh yeah, why isn't this thread a sticky
confused.gif

Nov 15, 2004 at 7:16 PM Post #994 of 1,385
I got my Lowepro from Ritz Camera in the mall. But bear in mind I actually
bought it for of all things, a camera.
biggrin.gif

They had a decent selection at the store I was in, but different areas, different stock I suppose. worth checking out if it isn't too much of a drive though.

-Jeff

Nov 16, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #995 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Quick question, does anyone know the best retail store to get nice camera bags at? I like the looks of the Lowepro posted earlier in this thread. I'm thinking somewhere like a Circuit City or Best buy, where they have deparments designated for camera accessories, or maybe a Ritz camera. They might be overpriced though, so you think places like Wal-Mart and Target carry them?

When I went to Best Buy to get my Lowepro Z20, they had a pretty large selection of Lowepro bags and other camera bags in general. My Z20 was only like 10 or 11 bucks, and the rest seemed to have fairly good prices.

Nov 16, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #996 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
My Lowepro just came in from Amazon, and now I realize how unuser-friendly my other bag was. this bag is perfect, the strap is just long enough, and it is all laid out logically and safely. imho perfect portabag for my SR71/Ipod combo, I'll bring it to the meet (two little pockets in front stash both sumajin cablewraps, even can keep 2 spare plainviews in the space in front of that, and the pocket where the ipod is held even has a thin pocket where i tuck the firewire dongle from the sik din! perfect!)

Darn, I didn't read this until today. I would have liked to have seen your bag. What model is it?

Nov 16, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #998 of 1,385
rios.jpg

From left to right: sony D-66 eggos, Rio Karma, Koss Portapros, Diamond Rio PMP 300 (32 megs). Mostly I just wanted to show of the oldschool, and still working, PMP300.

Nov 16, 2004 at 5:33 AM Post #1,000 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo96
Here's a link to his webpage about the portable setup.

Do you think it would hold an XP-7?

Nov 16, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #1,001 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
Darn, I didn't read this until today. I would have liked to have seen your bag. What model is it?

Indeed it is the Lowepro D-Res 30 AW Camera Bag, and I really should have put it on the table! Sorry it was in my bag with all the wrapping bubblewrap for the duration, since I took out my ipod and SR71. What I should have done in hindsight is just put the bag on the table with the ipod and SR71 hooked up to it as normal so people could have had a demo on how this stuff gets lugged around in everyday practical situations. The answer to that being - "very well!" In fact, it would have been fun to take pics of people slinging it over their shoulders to check comfort level, etc, which I find to be top notch.

Nov 17, 2004 at 1:32 PM Post #1,002 of 1,385
erikzen,
I was looking at this bag at a local camera shop yesterday and the divider
in the back pocket is velco so it is moveable. I think you could fit the
XP7 in the back and the ipod in the front.

Jahn,
You were holding out on us at the meet by keeping the bag in hiding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back