Pictures of your Portable Rig
Jan 24, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #1,291 of 1,385
Your wife has a good looking portable rig Jahn. Aeryin sure does have good taste!
smily_headphones1.gif

What are those CM3s like? Say, compared to the ksc35s?

Jan 24, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #1,293 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
Your wife has a good looking portable rig Jahn. Aeryin sure does have good taste!
smily_headphones1.gif

What are those CM3s like? Say, compared to the ksc35s?

Except my case is pink, and I cut out the headphone jack cutaway a bit wider to accomodate the fat right angle plug of my E3cs.

I'll take pictures of my portable setup when I get the camera back.
smily_headphones1.gif

Btw, anyone who wants to know, the mini ipod flipcase came from eBags.com, the maker is Pacific Design. They're not overly expensive, are reasonably well made and feel nice to the touch, but the dock connector and headphone jack cut outs aren't aligned properly on either mine or apparently Jahn's wife's. Modding is the only answer to this dilemma.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 24, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #1,294 of 1,385
Funny thing is the CM3 and the dock connector both plug in fine thru this case, i dont seem to have the same prob. Maybe because the CM3 has a straight plug, not a right angle. Sik din loves this case - just lock and load!

Lisa, the CM3 is not as bassy as the KSC35 or as warm - but it has more detail, soundstage and tight bass. Also it seems to have more presence - less "veil" tho i thought KSC35 was pretty forward. I think the folks who prefer a K501 over a SR225 would like these buds.

Jan 24, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #1,295 of 1,385
Jan 24, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #1,296 of 1,385
I think she likes it after her mods. But as the pic shows below without modding my wife's case seems perfectly happy docking and locking thru the case without having to wiggle or push or anything.

minidock.jpg

Jan 24, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #1,297 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
hey lisa, what flap case is that? looks cool and where di you get it?
biggrin.gif

I'm not Jahn's wife
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Lisa, the CM3 is not as bassy as the KSC35 or as warm - but it has more detail, soundstage and tight bass. Also it seems to have more presence - less "veil" tho i thought KSC35 was pretty forward. I think the folks who prefer a K501 over a SR225 would like these buds.

Sounds a bit like the way the E888s are always discribed...

BTW, anyone else missing the smileys next to the reply field?
edit- nevermind, something was wrong in my user cp.

Jan 24, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #1,298 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
Oh I did that once, they had fallen behind my desk. Was a horrid 3 days, but I lived
smily_headphones1.gif

Scott

Well the problem is I'm at my dorm room now, and can't get home for a few weeks, lol. Going back to the e2c's is awful
frown.gif

Jan 24, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #1,299 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I think she likes it after her mods. But as the pic shows below without modding my wife's case seems perfectly happy docking and locking thru the case without having to wiggle or push or anything.

That's good, maybe I got a wonky one. Anyhow, the main reason I had to cut the headphone cutout wider is because the Shure phones use a very burly right angle miniplug connector as opposed to the smaller more normal ones found on most phones.

Jan 24, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #1,301 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morphling
Well the problem is I'm at my dorm room now, and can't get home for a few weeks, lol. Going back to the e2c's is awful
frown.gif

Argh, I know your pain, my "backups" are the Ipod Buds....yucko

Jan 24, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #1,304 of 1,385
OK, here's my updated setup:

4g 20gb iPod
iSkin evo2 ebony case
PocketDock Line-Out
2x DIY Mini-to-Mini's (Van Damme Cable and Neutrik 3.5mm Plugs)
EvilFire cMoy
Altoids Crossfeed

AND

My Brand Spanking New BeyerDynamic DT531's (received through the post this very morning!!!)
600smile.gif

I'll be posting a new thread shortly about how absolutely fantastic these headphones are!!!!

Anyway, to the money-shot:

MrJoshua-Beyer-iPod.jpg

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:17 AM Post #1,305 of 1,385
After seeing someone post a pic of this sling bag on another forum, I thought I'd check it out for myself. I got it for $8 at my local Wal-Mart.

This is a pretty good sized bag. The interior of it can hold a PCDP, a few CDs, a bottle of water and other small odds and ends.
IMG_2504Small.jpg

I'm not planning on using the small atachable strap case that was included with my purchase. Instead I just slipped my Case Logic MPC2 MD case on the strap. The included case is too small to fit my MZ-E710.
IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2506Small.jpg

The interior has four fabric slots for CDs. I fit in a few ATRAC3Plus CDs there for my PCDP. There's also a pocket behind the CD area for extra minidiscs, papers, bus tickets, etc.
IMG_2507Small.jpg

Finally I'll show you the area where the D-NE900 goes. This fits my CD player just fine, and there's a port just above the CD player for you to fit your remote or headphone cord through.
IMG_2508Small.jpg

There is ample room in the bag for extras like a bottle of water, Clif bars, etc. This seems like it'll be a good bag to use while commuting or hiking. I dunno why, but I'm obssessed with getting the perfect carrying solution for my gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back