Pictures of your Portable Rig
Jan 23, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #1,277 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRobb
yep a zen xtra makes sence.

Velvet, how much better does the amp make the headphones sound?

I think it adds a more punchy bass which I definitely love and widens the soundstage a little. Oh, and that cMoy is build by evilfire which uses better parts than people normally use with their cMoy. The cMoy is also very well built and looks nice. Definitely worth the extra € in my opinion. And yes, that's a 30gb Zen Xtra.

Jan 23, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #1,278 of 1,385
bah! i just realized it is in your sig, how much did you pay for the cmoy and where did you get it? Ive been thinking of getting an amp for my creative zen touch but I have yet to decide on it yet. and if it makes the bass better than i might definetly purchase one because i love bass

Jan 23, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #1,279 of 1,385
Quote:

bah! i just realized it is in your sig, how much did you pay for the cmoy and where did you get it? Ive been thinking of getting an amp for my creative zen touch but I have yet to decide on it yet. and if it makes the bass better than i might definetly purchase one because i love bass

what headphones do you use with the touch?

Jan 23, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #1,280 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtx
caterpillar_36 I see you've got a nice blue pod there to take care of your cables. Well they're sold as "pods" in australia anyhow. Very convenient imho

Yeah, cable turtles are great. I picked one up from the Container Store, and it's made things a lot more manageable. I'm amazed how few products there are for that sort of cable management...It's really hard to do without if you're going to carry around something with a 3m+ cord.

Jan 23, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #1,281 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNotFound
what headphones do you use with the touch?

right now i use px-100s but im getting either sr-60s with flat pad or sr-80s.

Jan 23, 2005 at 7:25 PM Post #1,282 of 1,385
Quote:

I got it from evilfire for 50€ shipped which is like 70$. It's true that it costs much for a cMoy, but it's very well built and uses quality parts. I would have gone for the go-vibe, but they stopped their production just before I wanted to order it. So according to the location I live I hadn't so many choices so I took that cMoy.

I think you have more choices, if you live in the USA where you can get many cheap amps used. That guy on Evilfire is still offering worldwide shipping so that wouldn't be a problem.

Edit: If you are going to buy some Grados and use them portable, keep in mind that they leak music a lot.

Jan 23, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #1,283 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet
I got it from evilfire for 50€ shipped which is like 70$. It's true that it costs much for a cMoy, but it's very well built and uses quality parts. I would have gone for the go-vibe, but they stopped their production just before I wanted to order it. So according to the location I live I hadn't so many choices so I took that cMoy.

I think you have more choices, if you live in the USA where you can get many cheap amps used. That guy on Evilfire is still offering worldwide shipping so that wouldn't be a problem.

Edit: If you are going to buy some Grados and use them portable, keep in mind that they leak music a lot.

Yea i know i dont mind if the whole world hears my music
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #1,284 of 1,385
Velvet: Those are very nice photos. Thanks.

Jan 23, 2005 at 11:03 PM Post #1,285 of 1,385
My Archos Gmini xs200 20 gig player with Shure e2cs and Grado SR60s, unfortunately I have to use the e2cs because I've seemed to have misplaced my er4's
frown.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #1,286 of 1,385
IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

My wife's new Mini Ipod and ATH-CM3 and case recommended by Aeriyn, forgot the name of it right now!

Edit - cool i see a lil black string on the bottom near the dock in that pic - i just snipped it off in case it gets in the way of the dock. Also you can see the square magnets on the fliptop cover that keep the top secure - magnets dont seem to bother this hard drive any lol.

Jan 24, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #1,289 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morphling
I've seemed to have misplaced my er4's
frown.gif

Oh I did that once, they had fallen behind my desk. Was a horrid 3 days, but I lived
smily_headphones1.gif

Scott

Jan 24, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #1,290 of 1,385
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Sweet!, some CM3s out there, how are they jahn? I'm thinking about picking up a pair!

i think it was $63 shipped from audiocubes, got here in a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back