Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]
Aug 30, 2008 at 4:54 AM Post #316 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New rig- this thing is very nice....

Hmmmm...that looks very familiar. I swear I seen that somewhere before.
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #317 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New rig- this thing is very nice....
[

nice Che Mug :]

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #318 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by tottiflames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new portable rig. (Extremely portable compare to what I use before RWA 4Gen iMod+SR71)
biggrin.gif

iPod Classic 80G Black with cool chrome grill reflective case.
Chinese made triple driver custom earphone(tuned like UE10pro) with teflon 4 braid silver plated cable
7663d1220056582-fs-etymotic-er4s-price-drop-110-shipped-2.jpg

7665d1220057182-fs-etymotic-er4s-price-drop-110-shipped-4.jpg

7667d1220057190-fs-etymotic-er4s-price-drop-110-shipped-5.jpg

Are those triple drivers these by any chance: 亦軒網上耳機目錄 Mingo-HMW.net

Considering they relatively affordable pricing, I may get some when I go back to Hong Kong early next year. How do they sound?

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #319 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Xin Supermini + Sansa Clip + SF5pros. Very portable setup, but I may be selling the Xin to fund some upgrades.

That's strange. The SF5Ps really don't need amping at all, especially when you're amping a headphone out that's as clean as the Clip's. Are you just using it for its crossfeed or bass boost or something? If not, it can only be damaging your end sound quality there.

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #322 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamontoast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My portable rigI have a Minibox-d which is awesome for work, but doesn't warrant carrying around in my bag! Westones for when I need isolation.

- Jam
biggrin.gif

Very nice, simple and to the point!!!!
L3000.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #324 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's strange. The SF5Ps really don't need amping at all, especially when you're amping a headphone out that's as clean as the Clip's. Are you just using it for its crossfeed or bass boost or something? If not, it can only be damaging your end sound quality there.

I'm running around with that at the moment to see if the crossfeed improves things. That Xin doesn't really give much of a bass boost, and the clip is hardly a bass powerhouse.

You are right though, the Xin and clip really don't sound that good together. My soundrigor works nicer with the clip.

I'm just stuck with SF5pros for now till I get something better. May be looking at getting UM4 when I'm in HK early next year.

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #325 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm running around with that at the moment to see if the crossfeed improves things. That Xin doesn't really give much of a bass boost, and the clip is hardly a bass powerhouse.

You are right though, the Xin and clip really don't sound that good together. My soundrigor works nicer with the clip.

I'm just stuck with SF5pros for now till I get something better. May be looking at getting UM4 when I'm in HK early next year.

The bass boost was fairly dramatic, I found. It sure bulked up the low end on my ER-4Ps. I was only using that because of how badly the iPod equaliser distorts though. Does the Clip's EQ distort as well?

Aug 31, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #326 of 1,113
This is always my favorite thread to look at, so even though I don't have the best rig, I wanted to be a part of it.

ipod nano 8gb
headroom interconnect
headroom bithead
sennheiser px100, cat5 cable and 414 pads.

2008-08-31_0765.jpg

Aug 31, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #327 of 1,113
My modest set-up as a newbie to portable audio - relatively inexpensive and using my 3 year old iPod Classic which just sounds better to my ears than my 2nd gen Nano (Wolfson vs Cirrus
wink.gif
)

The Fiio amp, at its ridiculously cheap price, compliments the Etymotics' clarity but lack of oomph perfectly
normal_smile .gif

4th gen ipod classic>Fiio amp>Etymotics ER-6i

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #329 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by tottiflames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new portable rig. (Extremely portable compare to what I use before RWA 4Gen iMod+SR71)
biggrin.gif

iPod Classic 80G Black with cool chrome grill reflective case.
Chinese made triple driver custom earphone(tuned like UE10pro) with teflon 4 braid silver plated cable

Hi tottiflames,

may i know what ipod casing brand is that? Very nice

Aug 31, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #330 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the Clip's EQ distort as well?

I have the clip also and yes, it does distort when using the EQ. SQ is excellent without it though IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back