Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]
Oct 17, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #1,006 of 1,113
Hello
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #1,008 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I sure wish these portable micro-amp builders would put a push to hear Mic. on thier units, There are so many wires to deal with...

How about the Tension Lab EAP03? Not a amp parse, but it could do the job. And maybe something more simple, build an amp with 3 or 4 inputs (fixed mixer configuration), so you can connect your dap, phone, mic...

Just my 2 cents, changes are that everything is just 2 ct off....
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #1,009 of 1,113
I found one portable guitar headphone amp with a mic plug and volume but freq resp. was limited.

I sent a email off to Shure to suggest that they combine thier PTH and volume control into one unit without all the wires and maybe build in a amp.

Thanks anyway

Oct 18, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #1,010 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelle Schrijver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the Tension Lab EAP03? Not a amp parse, but it could do the job. And maybe something more simple, build an amp with 3 or 4 inputs (fixed mixer configuration), so you can connect your dap, phone, mic...

Just my 2 cents, changes are that everything is just 2 ct off....
smily_headphones1.gif

yes yes, someone please build it

how about (seeing as how portable amps can be small):

portable headphone amp with spring loaded clip on back, built in mic (as you mentioned), A2DP bluetooth connection for phones & DAP bluetooth accessory, rechargeable internal battery...?

i would then recable or have a second, short cable for this
regular_smile .gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #1,011 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by nvkid909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes yes, someone please build it

how about (seeing as how portable amps can be small):

portable headphone amp with spring loaded clip on back, built in mic (as you mentioned), A2DP bluetooth connection for phones & DAP bluetooth accessory, rechargeable internal battery...?

i would then recable or have a second, short cable for this
regular_smile .gif

sounds expensive
eek.gif
including all of that with any quality would cost oodles to R&D and shielding the amp from its own RF or bluetooth noise coud be a nightmare in itself. but hey you're entitled to dream
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #1,013 of 1,113
I'm toying with the idea of taking a mcro such as Fiio or Travagans Colors and adding an on/off vloume control and adding a mic into the input that would switch off the audio when turned on like a Shure PTH. If I can isolate the Power-On at the output jack and run it through a simple toggle. Or at least making a micro in line PTH on the input side of the Amp. It shouldn't need to be self powered if I'm going into an amp. Radio Shack should have everything I need ( Except Steady Hands)

Oct 19, 2008 at 1:39 PM Post #1,015 of 1,113
102 pages with the last 20 being chatter. the title is 'pics' .it was about due, people suggested it..i just took the time and posted one up. the other threads are still here too, all 11.

Oct 20, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #1,016 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds expensive
eek.gif
including all of that with any quality would cost oodles to R&D and shielding the amp from its own RF or bluetooth noise coud be a nightmare in itself. but hey you're entitled to dream
smily_headphones1.gif

not att all! The idea is just to add inputs. So 3 more jacks, 3 more resistors and the opamp in a configuration that it can add inputs (negative tied to ground and forms the input).

All the gizmo's can be made as dongle's to add to the amp. So a nice STEREO mic (XY config) with adjustable filter, bluetooth or just a cable to your phone, etc etc etc

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #1,017 of 1,113
I am really intrigued with the idea of a PTH functionality built into an amp. I have a couple Cmoys that have been sitting around waiting to be put inside something. I felt the mint tin was too big, so I've been waiting to come across the perfect enclosure. If I add this functionality, the mint tin might be perfect.

I'll post a pic if I get it working this weekend. Thanks for the ideas! I'm feeling inspired hehe

I'm going to make it so there is a mic input. Then have a push button that routes the mic input to the headphones (it won't pause the music or anything). I think I'll add another plug to connect to my cell phone then have a switch that routes the mic out to the cell phone and the cell phone audio out to the headphones. All that wiring out to fill up the mint tin :p

hmmm Radio Shack may not have the connectors I need. I better go start searching Mouser if I want to work on this this weekend.

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #1,018 of 1,113
Nice! Pics when complete! Even though im getting a FiiO E5 to replace my Cmoy, and a FiiO Amp/DAC (when released next year) and a D2 Boa to replace my U Control DAC/Amp, im still interested.

Will get a seperate unit PTH as it will be used with Boa/FiiO Amp dac at home and away with the E5/Cmoy sometimes too.

The LW's sound great, and i cant afford/find something as good and balanced and closed, so a PTH will make them much easier to use at home! If i could fit one in each amp/dac and the E5 and sell the U Control and Cmoy, that would be great, but not possible :p

Matt

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #1,019 of 1,113
This thread need more pictures, and less talking!
wink.gif

My portable rig.
[size=xx-small]Portable in the sense that its fully battery operated[/size]

20239492fh8.jpg

Oct 21, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #1,020 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread need more pictures, and less talking!
wink.gif

My portable rig.
[size=xx-small]Portable in the sense that its fully battery operated[/size]

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3510/20239492fh8.jpg

You just use a belt clip for that, right?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back