Nothing with ESW9 in it is ugly, you can only be sexy with them
wink.gif

Damn right !

Oct 13, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #979 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
someone should start a new thread

biggrin.gif
I actually agree with you. You've got people talking about somebody getting banned, greatdane being crazy with the hello kitty, and krmathis posting pics of a "portable" rig. Somebody needs to make Part XIII when this one hits 100 pages or something so we can have nice pics again. Definitely posting when I get my rig together in the next couple weeks
wink.gif

Haha, just realized krmathis posted a similar "portable" rig on the first page. We definitely need a new thread now.

Oct 13, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #980 of 1,113
Ok I'll start one
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #981 of 1,113
Okay ..so this thread can be closed?

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #982 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by dopeboyfresh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At 1000+ posts you the fact that you can not recognize the Denon D1000/1 is a little bit worrying. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like he's got senn and sony phones and not all of us (myself included) really keep track of every headphone out there, even if they are popular.

Yup..

i never got to try Denons.. many AT's..but never denons

Oct 13, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #983 of 1,113
OK well then this thread looks like its going to end shortly so I maight have to post in the new one; where is it Mr junesqa? I searched for it after I read you say that you were starting a new one. what is it called if its not 'Pictures of your portable rig [Part XIII]'

oh well my pico just arrived today so I thought I'd post some pics with one variation of my portable setup. unfortunately it was night time so had to make do with artificial light
frown.gif

picoshotsmall.jpg

iPhone 3G->DIY 6 wire jena cryo copper and 6N cryo silver LOD->custom silver/clear and electric blue headamp pico->Shure SE530->comply T400 foamies

sounds pretty wonderful straight out of the box this pico i'm working on giving the iphone and pico some new clothes so there will be more pics to come as well as some pics of my new DIYMOD combo
biggrin.gif

this amp combo really put a smile on my face
L3000.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #985 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You said it.

Well it's one of the best. :p

iMod - great balance of sound + storage
iQube - Top 5 portable amp
UE 11 - king of IEMs

I'll post my humble rig in the next thread.

Oct 14, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #986 of 1,113
Here's some glamour shots; it was much better light today so although you cant see the screen lit up on the iphone or the LED on the pico; it looks better. also I just finished a couple of low profile LOD's to go with the pico in both iphone and DIYMOD rigs (yes I managed to squeeze 2 blackgates into a low profile LOD)
cool.gif
JUST!!!
Iphone 3G->DIY low profile jena cryo copper/6N cryo silver LOD->headamp pico->Shure SE530->Comply T400
-------V-------
iphonelowprofilerigsmall.jpg

this next photo is actually a farce because this LOD wont work with my DIYMOD the one that will the epoxy putty still has to cure yet. So this is a photo of the future<-tricky hey
cool.gif
I have actually managed to squeeze 2 balckgates into the dock connector
eek.gif
it was the tighest fit you could imagine, but it worked after much arranging and re-arranging cant wait to hear the pico with my DIYMOD
L3000.gif
so this is what it WILL look like
wink_face.gif

DIYMOD 5.5G wired with cardas pure silver 33AWG tone arm wire (sounds fantastic)->low profile jena cryo copper/6N cryop silver w/blackgate NXHQ 47uf->headamp pico->SE530->comply T400
-------V-------
pico-DIYMODLODsmall.jpg

I love both of these rigs and the pico turned out to be actually worth the long and painful wait

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:07 AM Post #988 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No money for frivolous stuff atm
frown.gif

If I was rich you'd be shakin' in your boots!
wink.gif

Too bad, cause it could have been a nice challenge!
beerchug.gif

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #990 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread reminds me how poor I AM!!!

Yeah krmathis has more money in his signature than I have of most of my belongings save my car! What a cruel world
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back