Sep 28, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #736 of 1,113
Big sound in small shape: Clip -> Pico -> extremelly modded KSC-75

attachment.php

Sep 28, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #738 of 1,113
CIMG5346.jpg

CIMG5344.jpg

CIMG5349.jpg

iPod Classic 160GB > BrainSalad custom mini-mini IC > FiiO e3 > Head-Direct RE2

iPod loaded with all my EAC Secure ALAC lossless rips, iPod in iClear and covered with InvisibleSHIELD (hence small cracks in iClear), FiiO affixed to acrylic case with double-sided bonding tape.

Thanks Head-Fi!

Sep 28, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #739 of 1,113
Alright, I decided to buy something I could sleep with (with low volumes). Since I did not wanted to damage my iPod/RSA amp combo, I took the suggestions from head-fiers and bought a Sansa Clip (darn that thing is SMALL!). It sounds really awesome. Also bought a pair of Sony MDR-EX75SL, which I can lay my head on either side while resting on a comfy pillow w/o any problems (not like with the Sleeks, for example). Besides, call my crazy, but I came to realize that I like the sound of the Sony more than any other piece of earphones I owned so far (take a look at my Past list... and call me crazy
biggrin.gif
).

sansaclip.jpg

portableboth.jpg

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #740 of 1,113
man,

you're crazy!!
biggrin.gif

I mean, you've owned freakin' Triple.fi's?!

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #741 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man,

you're crazy!!
biggrin.gif

I mean, you've owned freakin' Triple.fi's?!

Yeup, for the short amount of time I could actually get these to fit fine (problem with my left ear, wouldn't stay for long no matter what tips I would use or even in flip-flop mode) they were great. But what can I say, I'm a basshead (or mid-basshead I guess
biggrin.gif
) so for personal preferences, I like the MDR-EX75SL a lot. Plus, I can sleep with those, can't with the TF10 Pro.

Besides, for a lot less than the TF10, I got me a new pair of IEMs and a new ultra portable mp3 player and still got money to spend (I wonder if the Qjays.... naaaah let's not go there
biggrin.gif
).

I might not be an audiophile after all, tho no one will ever take the RSA Predator away from me
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #742 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeup, for the short amount of time I could actually get these to fit fine (problem with my left ear, wouldn't stay for long no matter what tips I would use or even in flip-flop mode) they were great. But what can I say, I'm a basshead (or mid-basshead I guess
biggrin.gif
) so for personal preferences, I like the MDR-EX75SL a lot. Plus, I can sleep with those, can't with the TF10 Pro.

Besides, for a lot less than the TF10, I got me a new pair of IEMs and a new ultra portable mp3 player and still got money to spend (I wonder if the Qjays.... naaaah let's not go there
biggrin.gif
).

I might not be an audiophile after all, tho no one will ever take the RSA Predator away from me
biggrin.gif

Wait till you get your RSA hooked up to a Line Out Cable and an iPod. You'll realize you are an audiophile after all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #743 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
).

biggrin.gif

I cheaped out much like you did... downgraded my portable setup, though I've kept the A728 as it's plenty small enough for me and I don't want less than 8gb.

Gave up my lovely-sounding ER-4P, which came with too many little niggling problems that I just stopped enjoying them unless I was sitting still. And nearly all the time when using my portable, I am walking or moving somehow.

I've gone to something totally different, the Denon C551, on an impulse seeing it priced so reasonably as I've been a little caught up in unexpected expenses recently.

The sound is nothing like the ER-4P, and it's not close to my AD700s either. But it's a nice sound! It's warm and smooth and relaxing and has much more bass than the Etys could ever hope to have. I don't mind cheaping out when it comes to portable now, as the expensive just tend to be a huge hassle.

The only problem so far is the included sleeves are total bunk. While being comfortable, they are seriously difficult to seal, and no seal means an anemic bass-less character with in-a-tin-can sound.

Sep 28, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #744 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait till you get your RSA hooked up to a Line Out Cable and an iPod. You'll realize you are an audiophile after all.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you look at the second picture, you'll notice a LOD... Underneath the iPod is the RSA strapped with tie-wraps
wink.gif

I'd say tho, the sound coming from the Sansa is fantastic... haven't tried to hook it up to the RSA yet, but the lack of Last.Fm support (yes, I tried Zenses) for the Sansa kinda blows.

Sep 28, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #746 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're wrong, man. It's a LOC.

Darn, what's a LOD then? Thought it meant Line Out Dock, which is what this thing is, no?
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back