Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]
Sep 15, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #586 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got those, but I still have the stock cable. Does re-cabling make a huge difference? If so, how?

Well a shorter cable certainly is more convenient. I used parts I already had, so the new cable doesn't screw in like the stock one. It's a nice headphone saver; if the cable gets caught on anything, the cable just pops out.

I plan on making a high quality cable for them once I get an amp, since I'll be making a LOD anyways.

Sep 15, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #587 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpinDoctor15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser HD 600 w/iPod Shuffle 2nd gen:

Damn, SpinDoctor beat me!
smily_headphones1.gif

I made these "wireless Doctors" in April, when i had too much time and after that i've been so busy, that i haven't even visited head-fi for a long long time...
wireless_doctors.jpg

Goldring DR 150 + Creative Zen Stone

And here's my main portable rig on left and sports-rig on right:
portables.jpg

Sony NWZ-S618 + Sleek Audio SA6 | Creative Zen Stone + Creative EP-630

Sep 15, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #588 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by divideby0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My new portable rig, now I just need a good headphone amp
icon10.gif

Those are cool headphones...more of DJ style.

Btw..are those Recabled? ..the 3.5 mm plug looks expensive

Sep 16, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #590 of 1,113
Here are some pics of my current portable set-up featuring our star, the awe-inspiring 4GB Clip:

With my FiiO E3 headphone amp, 2XL Wrecking Ball In-Ear Buds, 12" Headphonia Interconnect Cable, and a Cable Turtle case for my buds:
DSCF0004-2.jpg

Side view:
DSCF0007-2.jpg

The Clip and E3 are attached to one another with a Velcro (excuse me, "hook and loop") square.

Here's my Case Logic 4 Capacity USB Shuffle acting as carrying case for everything, except my buds, which are transported via the illustrious and aforementioned Cable Turtle:
DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0013-2.jpg

All the best,
Brad

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #591 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are cool headphones...more of DJ style.

Btw..are those Recabled? ..the 3.5 mm plug looks expensive

Yes, they're re-cabled. The Q40s are very cool, best cans I've owned yet. The plug is available at your local Radio Shack for about 4 bucks, just your standard gold-plated 3.5mm stereo plug. Cheap, convenient and functional. I'll make a nice cable once I get an amp.

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #592 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by HulkSmashNow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are some pics of my current portable set-up featuring our star, the awe-inspiring 4GB Clip:

With my FiiO E3 headphone amp, 2XL Wrecking Ball In-Ear Buds, 12" Headphonia Interconnect Cable, and a Cable Turtle case for my buds:

All the best,
Brad

Nice setup Brad, very portable. Where did you find the slick case for your buds?

Sep 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #594 of 1,113
Sep 16, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #596 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't pay $6 (+shipping?) for one! You can get one for $2 with free worldwide shipping here: green DealExtreme: $2.00 Lovely Cable Turtle Smart Wrap or yellow DealExtreme: $2.00 Lovely Cable Turtle Smart Wrap

"A bit smaller than a mini cd"

That's a great price, and if you don't mind yellow or green, I'd say go for it. CableOrganizer.com was more expensive, definitely, but it was the only place I could get a small one in black. The Container Store had them, too, for a dollar cheaper, but wouldn't let you choose which color you wanted. They'd just send you whatever color they had!

All the best,
Brad

Sep 16, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #599 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It says assorted colours, but the reviews all mention yellow or green depending on product as a pro or con...

You may get a different on either SKU, however its unlikley i think, as most reviewers got the colour of the ones in the pics on the page.

Matt

That green is pretty sharp and it matches my 2XL Wrecking Ball buds. But, the black looks better IMHO.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back