Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]
Sep 20, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #616 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by mahatma andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice Setup, but may I ask why you don't use the Line-out, as the Headphone-Out is considered to be bad on the Ipod Video and you're using an amp anyway?

Mahatma

I'm using a custom built line out cable I made, just that my camera is broke and this is an older picture.

The custom cable I built is using 99.9% silver wire and has a silver plated mini stereo connector. I bought a old Ipod connector, split it open and hard wired audio cables into it. I even put some little magnets on it to reject RFI (can't remember what they are called, but they are like a magnet).

I think it cost me only $60 to make since my dad gets tons of scrap silver wire where he works. All the wire already has isolation on it.

Sep 20, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #617 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I even put some little magnets on it to reject RFI (can't remember what they are called, but they are like a magnet).

They're called ferrite cores and they're not magnetic.

Sep 20, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #618 of 1,113
Oh ok, I always thought they were magnetic. Shows how much I know, aye? Mine must be micro ferrets then since they are a lot smaller than the ones you usually see on speaker wire.

Sep 20, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #620 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice cable, but still, the line out would be better surely?

Read closer, he has said twice now that he uses line out. He just didnt have it in the picture is all
beerchug.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #621 of 1,113
LO makes a difference, just not what most people say it does. I'd say it sounds 2x as good as it did before. Still worth the money...
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #623 of 1,113
My Completed Portable. ;D

Photo390.jpg

Photo393.jpg

Enjoying this setup very much. Thanks Uncle Wilson!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #625 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

20$ for the Clip, 8$ for the Fiio, and 55$ for the X3i's...sweet rig for 83$. These were the X3i's I sent away for repair in April back to Jaben...I got them back 2 days ago :/

Nice budget setup, how is the Fiio/Ety combination? I'm assuming the Fiio compensates for the Ety's recessed bass?

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #626 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by divideby0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice budget setup, how is the Fiio/Ety combination? I'm assuming the Fiio compensates for the Ety's recessed bass?

They're CrossRoads X3i, which are already bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back