Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part X]
Apr 18, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #991 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, very easily. Hell I put in there WITH the LOD all the time. That rig comes with me everywhere, and fits in the pockets of every pair of pants I have comfortably, either with the LOD sticking out of the top or if I'm wearing loose-fitting shorts, the whole thing just goes right in the pocket.

Oh and Podster, I was just messin with you about the U2 thing. If you'd seen more of my posts you'd know not to take me too seriously
biggrin.gif

yes I do, but your dock is too rigid. I've used a little cheapie DIY dock or ALO's Bling which is softer and can be more pliable. The combination fits in my pants while gardening, or in gym shorts while working out

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #992 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you find that UE mini-mini cable? DIY?

Yup DIY from damage UE IEM cables.

Apr 19, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #995 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallmouth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rig.jpg

Ah. Exactly what I was looking for. What amp are you using with the iPod and the Beyers? The picture is exactly what I envisioned as far as the iPod, DT770, ALO and an amp.

Apr 19, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #996 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to make a custom LOD that fits my set-up perfectly. I just hate all this extra cable.
I already ordered the 18AWG 99.99OFC wires ....

You hate extra cables but still ordered 18g wires?

Apr 19, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #997 of 1,011
...that's one of my most enjoytable things about this hobby, without sacrificing on SQ of course. Here's my ultra-portable rig. It's so easily pocketable, and sounds awesome.

DSC02889.JPG

DSC02891.JPG

Apr 19, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #999 of 1,011
Thanks Outbreak. I love the small form factor, and the large sound quality aspect! I'm quite content for who knows how long!

-Chris.

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #1,000 of 1,011

Work portable. (I noticed the cable wasn't properly plugged into the LOD after I posted.)

Portable portable.

I bought my LOD from eBay and he sent me this ribbon cable to try.
Really nicely made and works well. He doesn't seem to be selling them yet on his eBay store but if anyone is interested it might be worth contacting him.

I just thought I would give him a plug (if that's allowed) as he was great to deal with.

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:55 AM Post #1,001 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Outbreak. I love the small form factor, and the large sound quality aspect! I'm quite content for who knows how long!

-Chris.

Of course cn11, i purely think that carrying an amp around should be called "transportable" not "portable". Just enjoy the setup right now, i'm sure it sounds really nice.
tongue.gif

Cheers

Apr 19, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #1,002 of 1,011
I currently have a microshar LOD and it is just way too long for my application. The cable I bought is going to be used in making the LOD as well as recabling headphones.. so I needed stranded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You hate extra cables but still ordered 18g wires?

Apr 19, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #1,003 of 1,011
This thread is now a hundred pages str(l)ong. Perhaps its time for a

Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back