Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part X]
Mar 18, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #526 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atchoum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's mine : ipod touch (32gb) => Qables LOD => custom HeadSix (75 Ohms output), low gain => ER4P (S with the 75 Ohm output).

dsc3051kp7.jpg

dsc3053vs8.jpg

/me really like what I see!
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #527 of 1,011
The touch is such a great player. I tend to not mention it here because it really has become more of my PDA (rather than any kind of critical listening device) , but since it is always with me I listen to it all the time while waiting. I think it sounds great, have said that from the beginning. UI is brilliant and this thing is gonna take off in May.

Mar 18, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #528 of 1,011
the touch is even nicer when jail broken. Save for capacity and that headphone jack I like the iphone better the the touch.

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #529 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the iQube is made for the Triple.Fi earphones. The Triple.Fi needs the neutral amp that the iQube is showing itself to be.

Im confused! I think amps amplify volume, add clarity and change the sound depending on the amp you pick.

So it is invisible/totally transparent as the Triple Fi are considered to be the perfect sound?

Whats the point then, other to amplify the volume?

Surley if it is transparent, surley it isnt if it improves clarity?

Matt

Mar 18, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #530 of 1,011
Matt:

See my comments in bold within the quote below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im confused! I think amps amplify volume, add clarity and change the sound depending on the amp you pick.

I do not need an amp for volume. I need an amp to better control the sound profile across the frequency range and to provide a signal that has minimum distortion. When I say the Xin Reference has a tuby sound vs. the detailed precise sound of the iQube this is a preference in the type of distortion being provided by the amp such as higher level of 2th harmonic vs 3th, or a minimum of either. The iPod amp is very weak but can move adequate air for simply making a noise. For some this may very well be all they want and need in making their music.

Some systems sound better with a bit of 2nd harmonic; i.e., my Yamamoto HA-02 is a bit warm for the Triple.Fi but great with both my Ultrasone headphones. The amps damping factor and output impedance determines the fall-off of the extreme frequencies and helps in the drivers control of attack and decay over the complete audio sound range. Out of the iPod, it's amp drops the lowest notes whereas with both the Reference and the iQube the attack and decay is very well control with the right headphone and is very pleasing and not simply loud. This is shown the web site called Careless Headphones: ‘ešƒwƒbƒhƒzƒ“.
You may need to use a translator to get a better feel of what is being said but the images of the play-back studies of various amps and sources is interesting.

So it is invisible/totally transparent as the Triple Fi are considered to be the perfect sound?

Does anything have the perfect sound and what is the perfect sound? It may very well be my preference in what music sounds like but your preference may be some entirely different.

Whats the point then, other to amplify the volume?

Re-read my first note above.

Surley if it is transparent, surley it isnt if it improves clarity?

Re-read my first note above.

Matt

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #531 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The touch is such a great player. I tend to not mention it here because it really has become more of my PDA (rather than any kind of critical listening device) , but since it is always with me I listen to it all the time while waiting. I think it sounds great, have said that from the beginning. UI is brilliant and this thing is gonna take off in May.

why's it going to get better in may? and what is jailbroken? Also if you're talking about the sdk thingy, I didn't understand that, what exactly does that do for the touch?

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #533 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the newest version of my portable rig:

Apple Lossless ->160gb iPod Classic ->ALO Jumbo Cryo ->RSA Predator ->Shure SE530

IMG_0750.jpg

biggrin.gif

Nice!

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:15 PM Post #534 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
newrigie1.jpg

future player (a work in progress)

Little rig update! 'New' player:
dsc00286mediumlz9.jpg

(mini with new coat, battery and diy line out mod... compact flash and remote still to come)

Current rig:
dsc00291mediumum2.jpg

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #536 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Little rig update! 'New' player:
(mini with new coat, battery and diy line out mod... compact flash and remote still to come)

remote?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back