Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part X]
Mar 9, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #392 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the 2gb shuffle?

He said 1GB 3G.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it's just the 2rd gen shuffle except with the new color set (pastel?) and they moved some things around I think. Minor minor things..

News to me. What they move?

Mar 10, 2008 at 6:59 AM Post #395 of 1,011
So I finally have something I'd consider worth posting here. I don't think I'm going to change anything here for a while. I might change headphones at some later date, or experiment with another amp or two if I get the money (wouldn't mind trying a Tomahawk, Pico or Supermicro at some point), but other than that I'm good. Downsize to the nano is perfect, and man does this combination sound good.

I had tried the 30GB video > Headsix > SF5Pro/UM2 combination before this, and while good sounding (not AS good, but the best to that point), I didn't feel like carrying around a rig the size of a small car. After finding a Supermini IV (which I'm still surprised I did), the rest wrote itself.

Take note of the LOD. THAT is how long an LOD should be. Kudos to stevenkelby for his masterful cable making. The fact that it's a cryo copper cable is a long story, so don't go thinking I'm into this pixie dust cable stuff. Sounds the same as my Starquad cable, it's just the perfect size.

I also took the opportunity to show off a pen I just found that I had from years ago. Some sort of Parker. Nothing fancy, but it writes like butter. You'll also notice a pack of Bicycle cards in one of them. That's for scale.

Oh, and please excuse the crappy cell phone camera. As you might imagine, I'm a little short on cash.

(Click on the thumbnails for much larger versions)

3G 8GB Black iPod Nano w/ Belkin hard shell acrylic case > stevenkelby Jena Cryo LOD > Xin Supermini w/ 4/11 updates > Westone UM2 (complete with a little earwax)

Mar 10, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #397 of 1,011
Good looking rig...Monolith, enjoy the music....

Mar 10, 2008 at 11:17 AM Post #398 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good looking rig...Monolith, enjoy the music....

Thanks. I always do. The music is everything.

Mar 10, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #399 of 1,011
bild

Touch + Shure E530

Mar 10, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #400 of 1,011
very nice and clean rig there.

iPod touch looks soo stylish in all these rigs.

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #402 of 1,011
Baines you've used a Zen? It's sounds like the ZVM? If so, then I might just get one anyways.

Mar 11, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #405 of 1,011
FooTemps that looks very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back