Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part VII
Apr 20, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #827 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigizzy75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow that Mini to Mini looks Awsome.

Great Looking Rig

Can't Wait untill you post your experiance after burn-in of course

Thanks, much thought has been put into this. I will be posting my impressions, as soon as all of it gets nicely burnt in.

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #831 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my new rig!

iMod > ALO Jumbo Cryo X Silver > RSA Tomahawk > Senn HD600 (only cans I have right now...sorry)

The rig:
DSC03011.jpg

ALO Jumbo Cryo X Silver
DSC03013.jpg

Sick!!

Apr 21, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #832 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by *645-k701 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing thats going to change on this P.Rig over the next few months
is Maybe* some westone 3's or some UE 10's.
must give some decent IEM's a go with the tomahawk.

645gravitymk3.jpg

No seriously, where can I get that suspended magnet setup?

Apr 21, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #833 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No seriously, where can I get that suspended magnet setup?

Froogle lists a nice suspended globe. Or, if you want to go all out, check this.

Apr 21, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #834 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my setup...
DSCN1797.jpg

The sound is fabulous, especially considering its low cost.

I have a similar model Panasonic portable player from '96. The sound quality is quite bad, IMO. In particular, the bass is extremely bloated and mushy. Turning off the "XBS" makes the bass disappear altogether. It's unlistenable with my PX 100's, which emphasize the bass and make it boom out of control.

Either you love bass, or mine is a dud.

Apr 22, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #835 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinoa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a similar model Panasonic portable player from '96. The sound quality is quite bad, IMO. In particular, the bass is extremely bloated and mushy. Turning off the "XBS" makes the bass disappear altogether. It's unlistenable with my PX 100's, which emphasize the bass and make it boom out of control.

Either you love bass, or mine is a dud.

The key here is to use the line-out to feed the amp with a clean, unadulterated signal, rather than using the headphone-out jack. I assume this model Panny has a line-out?

Apr 22, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #836 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The key here is to use the line-out to feed the amp with a clean, unadulterated signal, rather than using the headphone-out jack. I assume this model Panny has a line-out?

kontai69 states that it does have a line out. I have a similar model which I believe also has a line out(I can't find my Panny now to check).

I'm curious now because I've never used the line out into an amp. I will test for SQ when I find it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quinoa

Change your headphones, problem solved.
evil_smiley.gif

wink.gif

Apr 22, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #837 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Change your headphones, problem solved.
evil_smiley.gif

wink.gif

I tried different headphones, but it never sounded right. So I got an iPod instead. It's perfect with the PX100's.

Apr 22, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #838 of 1,013
100_0373.JPG

My first try. I plan on replacing the Airhead sometime down the line with either a Hornet or Tomahawk. The line-out cable is on the way.

The funny thing is, I came across this website to check out some more views on the E4Cs. Now all of a sudden I've rearranged my budget for this year to include getting a DAC and some Darth Beyers.

Thanks a lot, people!
smily_headphones1.gif

-------------------
Apple Lossles =>iPod5.5 w/ Rockbox => Headroom Total Airhead => Shure E4C

Apr 22, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #840 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What!?!?!?!

No remote? Although I guess if you're "lounging" (aka sunbathing) you don't do much changing of tracks :p

While lounging I can understand, but I have a hard time keeping awake when sunbathing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back