Pictures of your portable rig- Part VI
Jan 3, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #781 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The interconnect is a DIY here are the build up pics...

...This is as far as my pics go, but you get the idea. Just use a popsicle stick and pack epoxy around the entire assembly. It should look like an oversized blob when youre finished. Use a dremel to mill it down to size. I painted mine black as you can see in the pics. I have also used a black marks-a-lot permanent marker with excelent results.

If you wanted to get creative you could use epoxy resin and fabricate a mold for it.

Use velcro and rubber bands to piggy back your DAP to the amp.

Superb, I wil go make one right now. Thanks for the great photos.

Jan 3, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #782 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnm222876 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Superb, I wil go make one right now. Thanks for the great photos.

No prob... be patient with the epoxy. I use the quick setting stuff. ~5 minute I believe is the ideal one. You just pack it on layer by layer, keep building it up till the thing looks like a jelly-bean. Use a hair-dryer to help speed up the curing process. It will totally harden after ~24 hours.

Jan 3, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #783 of 866
I just got the finishing touches for my rig in the mail today, an ALO Copper Dock and a new insert for my Pelican 1150 Case.

iPortable.jpg

icase1.jpg

icase2.jpg

Jan 4, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #784 of 866
very nice all black setup there! have you considered upgrading your supermacro 3 to the 4 channel technology?

Jan 4, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #785 of 866
here's mine as of now, X5 20gb (with cool real leather case thanks to khbaur330162) > er4p.

*once my parts get here on friday im gonna be making an er4p>s adapter, and ordered a project box, and will soon be making an a47 to get with the setup, built in battery charger thanks to cetoole
wink.gif

Ill make sure to get more pics when i get some stuff done. also going to make a silver ic for it once i get the amp built.

x5withcase1smalltr7.jpg

Jan 4, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #789 of 866
Here's my so called 'portable' in my homemade sack
biggrin.gif
. The image quality was awful, so I tried to sharpen it in Photoshop :/.

portablegc6.png

It's a 5G 30GB iPod > ALO Cryo Dock > Xtra X-1 Amp > HD595s. I normally use my Ety ER6is for portable use though.

Jan 4, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #790 of 866
That bag is hilarious! Awesome!
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, Kayo Dot is a great band. I keep missing their live shows, though. The last one I missed was the day before my wedding. Meh.

I'm so curious to know how the Xtra X-1 would match up against the Tomahawk. Very interesting indeed. Nice rig!

Jan 4, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #791 of 866
Tbh, it's the bag to end all bags. I might mass-produce and sell them at ridiculous prices. There may be a niche market for poorly made pouches that no one has tapped into just yet.

Yeah they're awesome, I just wish they'd have enough money to tour here in the UK. A friend of a friend was going to buy all their solo stuff/merch. and send it to me, but there was that 'mini split up' with Forbes and some others leaving, so he never saw them
frown.gif

I haven't listened to the Tomahawk before, but the Xtra is fantastic for its price. A very good entry-level amp that won't hurt your wallet too badly.

Jan 4, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #792 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by KayoDot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tbh, it's the bag to end all bags. I might mass-produce and sell them at ridiculous prices. There may be a niche market for poorly made pouches that no one has tapped into just yet.

Yeah they're awesome, I just wish they'd have enough money to tour here in the UK. A friend of a friend was going to buy all their solo stuff/merch. and send it to me, but there was that 'mini split up' with Forbes and some others leaving, so he never saw them
frown.gif

I haven't listened to the Tomahawk before, but the Xtra is fantastic for its price. A very good entry-level amp that won't hurt your wallet too badly.

Foof makes a very similiar bag. So there is definitely a market out there.
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #794 of 866
Holy cow, lumanogin! And I thought those bluetooth Etys were ugly!
blink.gif

Still, that makes me all the more curious about how something like that would sound.
etysmile.gif

Jan 5, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #795 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Packgrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy cow, lumanogin! And I thought those bluetooth Etys were ugly!
blink.gif

Still, that makes me all the more curious about how something like that would sound.
etysmile.gif

I guess it takes all sorts then cause I think those Stax buds look pretty cool and would happily give them a listen
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back